A local government extraordinary election will be held on Friday, 9 December 2022 in the City of Canning to fill the following vacancy:
||Term to expire: 21 October 2023
on Wednesday, 26 October 2022
at 4:00 PM Wednesday, 2 November 2022
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer:
• at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
• between 2:00pm and 4:00 PM Wednesday, 2 November 2022 (close of nominations) at the City of Canning, 1317 Albany Highway, CANNINGTON.
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
• a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. This form is available from the Returning Officer or the Western Australian Electoral Commission
• a single A4 page profile of not more than 800 characters (including spaces) containing information about the candidate;
• a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, bank cheque or postal order);
• (optional) a recent passport-sized photograph of the candidate’s head, or head and shoulders; and
• every candidate must have completed the online course titled Induction for prospective candidates, available at www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au
, prior to nominating.
The Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates to complete their nomination form which includes the candidate profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates complete their nomination details and profile, print the completed form which has a reference number allocated and lodge it with the Returning Officer. The nomination builder can be accessed at www.elections.wa.gov.au
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered or posted to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting the Returning Officer, Ken McINTOSH
on 0458 528 748 or the Western Australian Electoral Commission on 13 63 06.