07 October 2022
You may be eligible to be enrolled to vote in the local government extraordinary election on 9 December 2022 if you live in or are an owner or occupier of rateable property in the Beeliar Ward of the City of Canning.

You are automatically enrolled to vote if you are on the State Electoral Roll as at 5:00 PM Thursday, 20 October 2022. If you are not already on the State Electoral Roll and meet the eligibility criteria, or if you have changed address recently, you must complete an enrolment form.

Enrolment Forms
You can enrol or update your details online, or download an enrolment form, via the Western Australian Electoral Commission website ( Forms are also available from the Australian Electoral Commission ( Enrolments and updates must be completed and received by 5PM Thursday, 20 October 2022.

Non-Resident Owners and Occupiers
If you are a non-resident owner or occupier of rateable property in the Beeliar Ward of the City of Canning and are on the State or Commonwealth Electoral Roll, you are eligible to enrol to vote. If you are not on the State or Commonwealth Electoral Roll and own or occupy rateable property in Beeliar Ward of the City of Canning you may be eligible to enrol to vote. This applies if you were on the last electoral roll for the City of Canning prior to May 1996 and have owned or occupied rateable property in the district continuously since this time. Please contact your local government for details. Owners of land who were on the last Local Government roll continue to retain that status until they cease to own the rateable property to which the enrolment relates. Occupiers do not have continuous enrolment and should contact the City of Canning to confirm their enrolment status. To be eligible to enrol as an occupier, you will need to have a right of continuous occupation under a
lease, tenancy agreement or other legal instrument for at least the next three months following the date of the application to enrol.

Joint Owners and Occupiers
If a rateable property is owned or occupied by more than two people, a majority of the owners/occupiers may nominate two persons from amongst themselves who are on either the State or Commonwealth Electoral Roll, to enrol as owner/occupier electors.

A body corporate that owns or occupies rateable property may nominate two people who are on either the State or Commonwealth Electoral Roll to enrol as owner/occupier electors.

Enrolment Forms – Non-Resident Owners and Occupiers Only
Enrolment forms can be obtained from local governments and must be lodged with the Chief Executive Officer by 5:00 PM Thursday, 20 October 2022.

Further information can be obtained from the City of Canning.
13 63 06

Returning Officer for the Election
Ken McIntosh
Returning Officer – City of Canning
Mobile 0458 528 748

For media enquiries, please contact
extraMile by Integranet