An Extraordinary Postal Election will be held on Friday 9 December 2022.
Beeliar Ward has a Councillor vacancy following the resignation of Councillor Lindsay Holland, effective 13 September 2022. The City is required to conduct an extraordinary election to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the term, which expires on the 15 October 2023.
The date for the Extraordinary Election is Friday, 9 December 2022. The Western Australian Electoral Commission (the Commission) will run the postal election.
Nominations open on Wednesday, 26 October 2022 and close at 4pm on Wednesday, 2 November 2022.
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer at any time during the nomination period by arrangement, or between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, 2 November 2022 at the City of Canning Administration Centre, 1317 Albany Highway, Cannington.
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- A completed nomination form, with it signed and witnessed. This form is available from the Returning Officer or on the Commission website.
- A single A4 page profile of no more than 800 characters (including spaces) containing information about the candidate.
- A nomination deposit of $80 (eftpos, credit card, bank cheque or postal order).
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the candidate’s head, or head and shoulders (optional).
- Prior to nomination every candidate must complete the Induction for prospective candidates course.
The Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates in completing their nomination form and profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates can print the completed form, which has a reference number, and lodge it with the Returning Officer. Access the nomination builder on the Commission website.
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate's behalf, it must be in the preferred form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered or posted to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Returning Officer – City of Canning
City of Canning, 1317 Albany Highway, Cannington, Western Australia, 6107
Phone: 0458 528 748