About the project
The City of Canning and project partners have invested nearly $6 million in and around Hillview Park to create Hillview Hub – an exciting place to connect, play and celebrate our diverse community.
The works include:
- The new intercultural centre – Hillview Intercultural Community Centre
- Improvements to the Hill View Place streetscape
- Adjacent road network and parking infrastructure in the area
- Upgrades to Hillview Park and Fitzpatrick Park with improved play spaces and amenities.
Replacing the Bentley Library, the Hillview Intercultural Community Centre will also be home to Multicultural Futures – an organisation that provides specialised services to migrants and refugees.
The City received grants from the following partners to create a space that reflects and celebrates our diverse voices:
- The Australian Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) program
- The State Government of Western Australia
- RAC’s Reconnect WA initiative.
Located at 1-3 Hill View Place, Bentley, the Hillview Intercultural Community Centre opens on 21 January 2022.