What’s being proposed?
The Cecil Avenue project will deliver the following in two stages (Stage 1 - Service Relocations and Stage 2 - Roadworks and Landscaping):
- dedicated bus lanes for public transport and improved bus shelters
- increased five metre wide verge widths to improve the look of Cecil Avenue as well as increasing pedestrian and cyclist safety
- improved pedestrian accessibility, with a dedicated pedestrian crossing at the new Pattie Street traffic signals
- improved road safety and reduced traffic congestion through the construction of a raised median
- improved street and footpath lighting
- greatly increased verge and median landscaping with large trees to provide greater pedestrian shade and amenity
- increased opportunity to attract and improve development investment into the City Centre.
Cecil Avenue Stage 1 – service relocations
Construction work for the service relocations contractor - Densford Civil has now concluded.
Cecil Avenue Stage 2 – roadwork and landscaping
Georgiou Group has started roadwork and landscaping works to transform Cecil Avenue into Canning’s first smart street.
Current construction is taking place adjacent to Westfield Carousel Shopping Centre and includes sewer and communication works. Drainage, paving and street lighting work is expected to be complete in July.
All work on Cecil Avenue is expected to be complete by mid-November. During this time, Cecil Avenue is restricted to one northbound lane between Albany Highway and Carousel Road. The exit to Albany Highway from Cecil Avenue has been blocked and the Transperth bus service has been redirected to Wharf Street. Please refer to plan below to see road access.
Once complete, this stage of the City Centre Regeneration Program will include the installation of smart poles to enable traffic monitoring, CCTV, WiFi connectivity, environmental monitoring, electric vehicle charging and energy-saving lighting.
Find out more about Cecil Avenue works at www.yoursaycanning.com.au/canning-city-centre-news
Gary McCullough | Senior Project Leader | Canning City Centre
(e) firstname.lastname@example.org | (m) 0418 129 964 | (p) 9231 0515
Mark Rossi | Project Planner | Canning City Centre
(e) email@example.com | (p) 9231 0704