Changing Your World Conference & Fair
Where aspiration, innovation and inspiration come together for a sustainable future!
Friday 6 March - Saturday 7 March 2020
The Changing Your World Conference & Fair is a showcase of innovation in the broader sustainability space over two days, connecting community, innovators, industry, research and government, building ideas and celebrating successes.
The (Un)Conference provides a unique opportunity for key stakeholders (government practitioners, sustainability researchers and innovators) to network, learn about new and emerging sustainability innovation and technology and co-design solutions to shared sustainability challenges in a fun, collaborative environment.
The Fair will showcase innovation and best practice, highlighting evolving technology and new approaches to broad themes of community and corporate sustainability, corresponding with our City-wide sustainability targets.
The conference and fair themes reflect 10 integrated sustainability principles which reflect the City's Sustainability Policy commitments:
- Carbon Reduction and Energy Transformation
- Circular Economy
- Sustainable Transport
- Community Capital and Social Impact
- Water Sensitivity and Literacy
- Biodiversity, the Natural Environment and Land Use
- Innovation and Leadership
- Local Economy and Sustainable Business
- A Healthy and Safe City
- Sustainable Development, Planning and Infrastructure
For further information on the principles please visit our Sustainability
Highlights will include:
- A SUSTAINABILITY (UN)CONFERENCE on Friday 6 March designed for government / local government environment and sustainability practitioners and the wider community to hack the more wicked sustainability challenges for 21st Century local government - collaboratively
- A SPEED DATE & INNOVATE DINNER on Friday 6 March for government / local government environment and sustainability practitioners and the wider community
- A SUSTAINABILITY MINI CONFERENCE on Friday 6 March for Youth
- A FAIR DAY on Saturday 7 March for the community including:
- The ELECTRIKHANA Electric Vehicles Expo
- STALLS from eco-sustainable ethical business, products and services
- WORKSHOPS and demonstrations on all things sustainable and innovative
- ETHICAL FASHION SHOWS, PROJECT LAUNCHES, SUSTAINABLE FOODS and more …
We want you to join us and get involved:
- Showcase your sustainable PRODUCT, TECHNOLOGY, SERVICE, START-UP OR INNOVATION
- Host an INFORMATION STALL, FOOD STALL OR A POP-UP EVENT
- Host a WORKSHOP, MINI-HACK OR PANEL SESSION
- Be a speaker / presenter at the CONFERENCE SESSIONS
- Host an 'expert' table at the SPEED DATE & INNOVATE DINNER
- Become a SPONSOR, PARTNER OR CONTRIBUTOR
The City of Canning is seeking applications from individuals, groups, social enterprises and businesses with skills and experience in new approaches to community or corporate sustainability, new and emerging sustainable innovation and technology, or anything large or small that’s 'moving the needle' with regards to designing for a circular economy and a sustainable future.
If you see yourself speaking, facilitating a workshop or panel session or mini-hack at the Conference, or creating an event or activity, hosting a workshop, or holding a stall at the Fair, apply here
BEFORE FRIDAY 29 NOVEMBER 2019.
Friday 29 November EOI Applications Close
Friday 20 December Selected Applicants Notified
Friday 3 January Deadline for submitting images and info for the Event Program
Friday 6 March Conference Day begins
Saturday 7 March Fair Day closes
Please feel free to contact us @ email@example.com for more information.