Changing Your World Conference & Fair
Where aspiration, innovation and inspiration come together for a sustainable future!
Friday 6 March - Saturday 7 March 2020
The Changing Your World Conference & Fair is a showcase of innovation in the broader sustainability space over two days, connecting community, innovators, industry, research and government, building ideas and celebrating successes.
The Conference on Friday 6 March is a showcase of new and cutting edge thinking, mixed with creative debate providing opportunities for a diverse cross-section of government, corporate and civil society to come together to unlock solutions to some of the key sustainability challenges of our time.
Expertly MC'd by the incomparable Dr Josh Byrne, with a warm Welcome to Country from Shaun Nannup, inspirational keynote, documentary-maker Damon Gameau heading up the day, and a huge array of exciting local innovators addressing some of the most pressing 'wicked problems' of the 21st century, we're sure to have fun, while finding new ways to change our world.... and with tickets from just $40, it's the most cost effective conference you'll ever attend!
The Fair on Saturday 7 March is a mix of community and business innovation showcase and Expo – partnering with the Australian Electric Vehicles Association (WA Branch). Stalls from across the Sustainability, Innovation and Smart Cities spectrum will be on offer, from all kinds of businesses and community groups, products and services, as well as delightful sustainable food and drink options, seminars and learning opportunities and even valet bike parking!
It will be held alongside the Australian Electric Vehicle Association's exciting annual Electrikhana event, showcasing some of the newest EV technology available on the WA market. Come join us for a test drive in a new EV, check out the new enabling technologies coming online, hear about new innovations and exciting projects in the EV space and stay for the beautiful surrounds and delicious food and drink on offer.
For more info visit: www.canningchangingyourworld.com.au/cyw-fair
The conference and fair themes reflect 10 integrated sustainability principles which outline the City's Sustainability Policy commitments:
- Carbon Reduction and Energy Transformation
- Circular Economy
- Sustainable Transport
- Community Capital and Social Impact
- Water Sensitivity and Literacy
- Biodiversity, the Natural Environment and Land Use
- Innovation and Leadership
- Local Economy and Sustainable Business
- A Healthy and Safe City
- Sustainable Development, Planning and Infrastructure
For further information on the principles please visit our Sustainability
Highlights will include:
- a SUSTAINABILITY CONFERENCE on Friday 6 March designed for government / local government environment and sustainability practitioners and the wider community to hack the wicked sustainability challenges for 21st Century local government - collaboratively
- a SPEED DATE & INNOVATE LUNCH SESSION on Friday 6 March for government / local government environment and sustainability practitioners and the wider community
- a CHANGING YOUR WORLD YOUTH CONFERENCE on Friday 6 March in partnership with Millennium Kids and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation & Attractions.
- a FAIR DAY on Saturday 7 March for the community including:
- the ELECTRIKHANA Electric Vehicles Expo
- STALLS from cutting edge sustainable businesses, government, products and services
- TALKS and demonstrations on all things sustainable and innovative
- PROJECT LAUNCHES, SUSTAINABLE FOODS and more …
Proudly supported by:
Platinum Sponsor - Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council
Gold Sponsors - TQuip Josh Byrne & Associates Beaver Tree Services
Silver Sponsor - Reformative Media
Friday 6 March Changing Your World Conference
Saturday 7 March Changing Your World Fair
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Grants to Change Your World!
If you are a not-for-profit group based in Canning or delivering services to the Canning community, there may be City of Canning grants to help you change your world. Find out more here.