Changing Your World Conference & Fair
Where aspiration, innovation and inspiration come together for a sustainable future!
Friday 6 March - Saturday 7 March 2020
The Changing Your World Conference & Fair is a showcase of innovation in the broader sustainability space over two days, connecting community, innovators, industry, research and government, building ideas and celebrating successes.
The Conference provides a unique opportunity for key stakeholders (government practitioners, sustainability researchers, innovators and community) to network, learn about new and emerging sustainability innovation and technology and co-design solutions to shared sustainability challenges in a fun, collaborative environment.
Hosted by the incredible Josh Byrne from Gardening Australia and with a raft of amazing sustainability superheroes to be announced soon, the conference will have something for everyone, no matter where your interests lie!
The Fair will showcase future-proofing innovation, smart cities savvy and best practice, highlighting evolving technology and new approaches to broad themes of community and corporate sustainability, corresponding with our City-wide sustainability targets.
The conference and fair themes reflect 10 integrated sustainability principles which reflect the City's Sustainability Policy commitments:
- Carbon Reduction and Energy Transformation
- Circular Economy
- Sustainable Transport
- Community Capital and Social Impact
- Water Sensitivity and Literacy
- Biodiversity, the Natural Environment and Land Use
- Innovation and Leadership
- Local Economy and Sustainable Business
- A Healthy and Safe City
- Sustainable Development, Planning and Infrastructure
For further information on the principles please visit our Sustainability
Highlights will include:
- a SUSTAINABILITY CONFERENCE on Friday 6 March designed for government / local government environment and sustainability practitioners and the wider community to hack the wicked sustainability challenges for 21st Century local government - collaboratively
- a SPEED DATE & INNOVATE LUNCH SESSION on Friday 6 March for government / local government environment and sustainability practitioners and the wider community
- a CHANGING YOUR WORLD YOUTH CONFERENCE on Friday 6 March
- a FAIR DAY on Saturday 7 March for the community including:
- the ELECTRIKHANA Electric Vehicles Expo
- STALLS from cutting edge sustainable businesses, products and services
- TALKS and demonstrations on all things sustainable and innovative
- PROJECT LAUNCHES, SUSTAINABLE FOODS and more …
We want you to join us and get involved
- Showcase your sustainable PRODUCT, TECHNOLOGY, SERVICE, START-UP OR INNOVATION
- Host an INFORMATION STALL, FOOD STALL OR A POP-UP EVENT
- Host a WORKSHOP, MINI-HACK OR PANEL / DEBATE SESSION
- Be a speaker/ presenter at the CONFERENCE SESSIONS (download Challenge Questions)
- Host an 'expert' table at the SPEED DATE & INNOVATE SESSION
- Become a SPONSOR, PARTNER OR CONTRIBUTOR
The City of Canning is seeking applications from individuals, groups, social enterprises and businesses with skills and experience in new approaches to community or corporate sustainability, new and emerging sustainable innovation and technology, or anything large or small that’s 'moving the needle' with regards to designing for a circular economy and a sustainable future.
Submit your EOIs NOW!
Conference EOIs are now closed.
Fair EOIs are open until Friday 3 January
. You can submit your stall or activity here
Friday 29 November Conference EOI applications close
Friday 3 January Selected applicants notified
Friday 3 January Fair EOI applications close
Friday 3 January Deadline for submitting images and info for the event program
Friday 6 March Conference Day begins
Saturday 7 March Fair Day closes
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for more information.