Creating a sustainable Canning takes all of us, that’s why the City is working with groups in the community to get strategic advice and provide support in return.
Sustainability and Environment Community Grants
The City offers Environmental and Sustainability Grants to provide financial assistance to local organisations to help improve the sustainability of their spaces or services.
Our grant process is evolving and a new grants policy and process will be revealed soon!
To learn more about this grant contact the city's Sustainability Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9231 0570.
- $5000 Sustainability and Environment Grant
- $500 Small Sustainability Grant
Documents and Application Forms
Closing dates, assessment criteria and eligibility for this grant is the same as all other grants.
Find out more about grants from a Grants Officer at 1300 422 664 or visit the grant webpage.
Successful Applicants and Sponsorship
- Rostrata Family Centre (2018) - Roof top solar panel array for family center.
- Green Skills (2018) - Waste educating nappy workshops for early parenting.
- Willetton Community Garden (2017) - Battery Storage and waterwise reticulation equipment for orchard and shade house.
- Rostrata Primary School P&C (2017) - National Walk to School Day initiative.
- Switched on Schools Summit (2017) - Sponsorship of 3 schools to attend the AYCC climate summit and receive in school workshops for years 9, 10 and 11.
- Bentley Seasonal Harvest (2016) - Equipment for community workshops on harvesting, preserving and creating food products from local produce.
- School for Social Entrepreneurs (2015) - Sponsorship of two placements in the WA Incubator Program.
Click here for more ideas
Sustainability and Environment Advisory Group
The Sustainability and Environment Advisory Group is a key source of advice to the Council and the Infrastructure and Environment Directorate in developing strategies that support the strategic and community goals and sustainability principles in Canning.
For information about members, nominations and purpose visit the Sustainablity and Environment Advisory Group page.
Canning River Eco Education Centre
The Canning River Eco Education Centre (CREEC) provides resources for classes, workshops and overall community development for local volunteer groups and corporate organisations. CREEC focuses on increasing awareness and understanding of the Canning River and the Park through environmental excursions for primary and secondary students.
For all other sustainability information including how we do things, education and business resources see the sustainability page.
For further details on any of the above items contact the City of Canning Sustainability Officer on 08 6229 4435 or send an email.
Subscribe to our Community Sustainability Newsletter or view previous editions here.