Behind every successful organisation is a team of great administration service officers.
The City of Canning’s administration services team work diligently to interact with the public and community groups in addition to interacting with City staff across the diverse organisation.
Staff within the City’s Administration Services are usually responsible for providing quality customer service, preparing reports and generating documents, maintaining business records and updating databases.
There’s a range of careers available within Administration Services, including:
- Customer service officers
- Contact centre officers
- Administration assistants
- Administration-based team leaders
- Divisional support officers
- Executive assistants
- Specialist support officers
To secure a role in Administration Services you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent writing and numerical skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Be efficient in the quality of your work;
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- A flexible and can do attitude.
Qualifications are not always essential criteria for these roles, though the following may give you an advantage when applying for these types of jobs;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially in Word and Excel;
- Strong knowledge and experience with computer systems; and
- A business administration qualification