Updates on Coronavirus
- Latest information: Visit healthywa.wa.gov.au/coronavirus or the Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
- Translation or interpreting services: 131 450
- Translated resources: Information in your language
- Follow the City’s Facebook page for the most up-to-date information regarding Canning’s response to Coronavirus.
- Frequently Asked Questions: click here for up-to-date FAQs regarding Canning's response to Coronavirus.
The City of Canning is closely following the advice provided by the State and Federal Governments to ensure it is working as part of a coordinated approach. In light of new Federal restrictions, the following is in place:
- the customer service counter at our Administration Building is closed. Our call centre is still operating and residents can connect with the City online
- all our libraries, both Leisureplex centres, youth centres and the Canning River Eco Education Centre (CREEC) is closed
- access to Canning Lodge Aged Care facilities is restricted to only essential visitors and families
- all events are cancelled
- citizenship ceremonies are on hold. Canning residents wanting an urgent ceremony can contact the Department of Home Affairs on 131 881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- all bookings of indoor spaces (halls, community centres etc.) are on hold
We understand this is a difficult and uncertain time for everybody. We recognise the social impact COVID-19 may be having on our Canning community in terms of restricted movement, social isolation, grief and increased anxiety. Staying active is very important to mental health. To assist our community in doing this, we have done the following:
- lights are on from 6pm – 9pm daily at Hossack Reserve, Wyong Reserve and Willetton Reserve
- Whaleback Golf Course and driving range are still open, however the café is closed. Please be mindful of physical distancing
- Our free Get Active Canning also has a range of at home workouts. The app can be downloaded from the app store
- Community members can join the library from home for instant access to a huge range of eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, film and documentaries. To get started, visit canning.wa.gov.au/elibrary
In a given occupied space, there must be no more than one person per four square metres of ground space.
Updates from the Mayor
27 March 2020
20 March 2020
17 March 2020
13 March 2020