A number of City facilities are closed to the public for the five day lockdown announced by WA Premier Mark McGowan on Sunday afternoon.
- all playgrounds, BMX track and outdoor gym facilities
- Riverton and Cannington Leisureplex
- Whaleback Golf Course
- our four libraries (Riverton, Cannington, Willetton and Bentley)
- youth centres (Willetton and Lynwood)
- Civic & Administration Building
- Canning Lodge Aged Care Facility
- Canning River Eco Education Centre
- Canning Animal Management Facility
- Waste Transfer Station (Closed to the general public open to people who are required to dispose of waste as part of their essential work.)
- our community facilities and outdoor places for hire
We are closely following the advice of the State Government and look forward to reopening once lockdown restrictions lift. For opening hours of our facilities – please visit our website.
Essential City operations will continue including kerbside bin collections and our Ranger & Community Safety Services. If you have a request or would like to log an issue please visit www.canning.wa.gov.au/request-it
We encourage everyone to comply with the State-directed lockdown and remember to wear a face mask when you are outside. Our public parks are open to help you get your hour of exercise, and don’t forget to wear a mask and keep your distance while doing so.
Further information and details of the WA restrictions can be found here
Stay safe and thank you for your understanding.