The City of Canning recognises the importance of a diverse events calendar that delivers social and economic benefits to support our aspiration to be a vibrant, connected and progressive City. Our Strategic Community Plan includes the objective for a safe, activated and welcoming City that celebrates its diversity and sense of community, providing a unique cultural, sporting and lifestyle offer.
To contribute to this vision, the City supports events that attract increased visitation, encourage broad community participation and create activation of City spaces for residents and visitors to enjoy.
The City wishes to embark on partnership events to coincide with its 2021/22 season of events. Formats vary but should aim to include an official component, music, dancing and entertainment activities, food, recognition of community achievements and culturally significant days or celebrations.
Events must be planned to occur between November 2021 – May 2022 to enable sufficient planning time if successful.
This opportunity is perfect for events that require support from City of Canning staff. In addition to funding, we can help with in-kind support such as:
- City venues
- Advertising and promotion
- Advice and guidance on event planning and implementation
- Hands on assistance on event day
Expressions of interest are now open and close on Friday 27 August 2021.
- This is separate to our Grants Funding Program. If you only need funding ($5,000 or less) and no staff support for your project, please click here.
- Community projects have a separate Expression of Interest process, also closing on Friday 27 August. For more information, please click here.
- City of Canning staff have limited capacity and can provide a supporting partnership role only. The group making the submission will ultimately be responsible for leading and coordinating the event. This can be discussed more if you are successful.
Please download the Guidelines here to check eligibility, assessment criteria and other important information before applying.
Should you require more information, or simply want to chat to us about your idea, please contact the City on 1300 422 664 or email email@example.com