Muddy Hands Festival 2019
The Muddy Hands Festival is an event to encourage children and families to enjoy playing outdoors and being among nature, bringing unstructured play into their everyday lives and enjoy one of many City of Canning parks.
This free event features plenty of have a go activities aimed at children aged 3 - 15 (though of course all are welcome!)
From our friends at Nature Play WA:
* Mud kitchens
* Two giant mud pits (one for big kids, one for little kids)
* Mud sculpting and ochre face painting with Educated by Nature
* Loose Parts Play
* Cubby building
* Kid's Village brought to you by Filtered Events
* High Ropes Course
* Pop up sporting activities and workshops
* Recycling and sustainability education
* Hands on craft workshops
* Plant giveaway
* Stage shows and roving entertainment
* Healthy food options
* Plenty of shade and places to sit
* Wash off station (bring your own towels to dry off!)
And much more!
Keen to register for updates and a reminder? Click here!
Important: please note that registrations are just to gauge numbers and receive an email reminder 2 days before the event with event details.
'Tickets' are not required to enter the event, is it free and open to the public.
How to get there
There is parking at the event however this is of course limited so we recommend car pooling, cycling or walking.
Traffic Management will guide you on arrival.
A free shuttle bus will be running every 15 minutes from the Civic Administration Building (1317 Albany Highway, Cannington) departing from 10:15am. The last bus will leave Kent Street Weir at 2:50pm to drop you back to your cars. This is a short 3-5 minute drive. Prams can be brought aboard as long as they fold up. For those in wheelchairs we suggest to park at Kent Street as the bus is not wheelchair accessible.
There are ACROD bays located in the main car park at Kent Street and also in the overflow car park.
Accessible toilets are available on site, and there is a footpath leading through the middle of the event.
Food is available for purchase from the following vendors:
- Canning River Cafe Coffee Cart
- The Juicist (cold pressed juices)
- Riverton Scouts (sausage sizzle)
- Sunset Coast (real fruit ice-cream)
- Crepe Escape (gluten free sweet and savoury crepes)
- Sweet Dream Foods (vegan doughnuts, bagels and sandwiches)
What to bring
A towel and clean clothes for after the mud!
Picnic and seating
Hat and sunscreen
Reusable coffee cup/water bottle
FREE ENTRY | LOW WASTE | SMOKE FREE
Please bring your reusable water bottle and keep cup.
email@example.com l 1300 422 664