City of Canning
1317 Albany Hwy, Cannington WA 6107
Monday 20 January 2020
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Save to calendar
Bookings are essential
Preview for WA Singapore Business Connect March 2020 Conference
The Asian market is one of the fastest growing economies globally and Singapore serves as the gateway to the rest of the region with its stable and secured economic and trade status. Opportunities exist for Western Australian and Singaporean organisations to mutually collaborate and capitalise on cross border synergies and strengths.
WA-Singapore Business Connect Inc. (WASBC) is proud to host its inaugural business conference on 30 and 31 March 2020 in Singapore. The conference has an impressive line-up of speakers from both Australia and Singapore. The VIPs attending the conference include His Excellency Mr Bruce Gosper, High Commissioner to Singapore; Miss Low Yen Ling, Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Ministry of Education and Ministry of Manpower, Singapore Government; Mr Stephen Skulley, Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner Austrade; Mr John Catlin, Trade Commissioner Government of Western Australia Office Singapore; and Mr Steven McDougall, Principal Economic Development at City of Perth.
Day 1 Conference tracks include:
• International education – capitalising on tertiary and technical education and education technology;
• Tourism – New developments and trends in the sector
• Primary Industry and F & B – Filling niche markets through technology and partnering
• Technology and Innovation – Ideation, commercialisation and funding for growth
• Internationalising business – outlines strategies and tactics to overcome the challenges that SMEs face and discuss practical ways to navigate around them
Day 2 - speakers will share how they have embarked on their venture overseas, their tips and challenges. Only open to attendees of Day 1 at a cost of $50. Attendees get to savour a popular local delicacy for lunch and enjoy a sundowner, joined by several WA Universities’ Alumni.
The City of Canning is a proud sponsor of this conference, come join in this preview event and learn more about the exciting program that has been lined up for you.