Fourteen Western Australian artists have been recognised by the City of Canning at the Annual Canning Art Awards, announced on Friday 15 September at the opening event for the weeklong Exhibition being held at Riverton Library.
The Opening Night announced the winners of each category, for both adults and young artists (12-17 years old).
The winners of the 2023 Canning Art Awards were:
• Adult, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Artist Award - Fiona Augustsson
• Adult, City of Canning Resident Award - Graham Longworth
• Adult, Painting Award - Ogi Ochirbat
• Adult, Drawing Award - Kristy Pateman
• Adult, 3D Sculpture/Textile Award - Jacqueline Craigs
• Adult, Mixed Media Award - Stacey Govan
• Adult, Photography Award - Lisa Fuller
• Adult, Digital Art Award - Michael Banks
• Youth, Painting Award - Emashi De Silva
• Youth, Drawing Award - Li Qi Wong
• Youth, 3D Sculpture/Textile Award - Charzie Janovro
• Youth, Mixed Media Award - Paul Mate
• Youth, Photography Award - Wyatt Saunders
• Youth, Digital Art Award - Emily Raymond
Mayor Patrick Hall said it was great to see so many professional and amateur artists on display this year.
“This year’s Awards showcased a high calibre of diverse artworks from a range of artists in the community.
“I would like to congratulate the winners and acknowledge all the amazing artists who submitted their artworks for this year’s Awards,” said Mayor Hall.
The People’s Choice Award will be announced at the end of the exhibition, so there is still time for the community to come along and vote for their favourite artwork.
Visitors can also purchase their favourite artwork with most artworks for sale throughout the Exhibition.
The Exhibition is open daily from 10am – 3pm, with a sales desk, until Saturday 23 September.
For more information go to www.canning.wa.gov.au/artawards23