Reporting manhole issues requiring maintenance.
- If the manhole is currently a hazard/public safety issue, please contact the City on 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664) to report your request. You can call this number 24-hours a day for urgent / high priority assistance.
- This will allow an officer to respond with the highest priority.
- The City is responsible for the maintenance of City owned manholes.
- Canning assets are most typically identified by the lack of branding on them and usually will be stormwater drainage.
- City owned manholes can be located via our mapping tool (check the box for the 'Infrastructure' layer to display manholes).
Other utilities manholes
- Other utilities e.g. Telstra, Water Corporation etc. are responsible for the maintenance of their own manholes.
- Other entities assets are typically identified by their own branding on them.
- If you are unsure of the asset owner, call the City on 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664) so that an officer can review the location on our mapping to determine ownership.
- If the manhole is causing a hazard/public safety issue, then please report to that entity as a matter of priority. You can also report to the City so that we are aware of the hazard by calling 1300 422 664.
- If the request relates to the road for Albany Hwy, Roe Hwy, Leach Hwy, Orrong Rd or South St, then this is the responsibility of the Main Roads Department.
- If it is a public safety issue, please report to the Main Roads Department as a matter of priority. You can also report to the City so that we are aware of the hazard by calling 1300 422 664.
- Verges, footpaths and Canning stormwater drains are still the responsibility of the City for these main roads.
Report a manhole issue
- To report a manhole issue, please raise a request below.
- An officer will investigate within two (2) working days.