Reporting manhole issues requiring maintenance.

Urgent requests

  • If the manhole is currently a hazard/public safety issue, please contact the City on 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664) to report your request.  You can call this number 24-hours a day for urgent / high priority assistance. 
  • This will allow an officer to respond with the highest priority.

Council responsibility

  • The City is responsible for the maintenance of City owned manholes.
  • Canning assets are most typically identified by the lack of branding on them and usually will be stormwater drainage.
  • City owned manholes can be located via our mapping tool (check the box for the 'Infrastructure' layer to display manholes).

Other utilities manholes

  • Other utilities e.g. Telstra, Water Corporation etc. are responsible for the maintenance of their own manholes.
  • Other entities assets are typically identified by their own branding on them.
  • If you are unsure of the asset owner, call the City on 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664) so that an officer can review the location on our mapping to determine ownership.
  • If the manhole is causing a hazard/public safety issue, then please report to that entity as a matter of priority.  You can also report to the City so that we are aware of the hazard by calling 1300 422 664.

Main roads

  • If the request relates to the road for Albany Hwy, Roe Hwy, Leach Hwy, Orrong Rd or South St, then this is the responsibility of the Main Roads Department. 
  • If it is a public safety issue, please report to the Main Roads Department as a matter of priority.  You can also report to the City so that we are aware of the hazard by calling 1300 422 664.
  • Verges, footpaths and Canning stormwater drains are still the responsibility of the City for these main roads. 

Report a manhole issue

  • To report a manhole issue, please raise a request below. 
  • An officer will investigate within two (2) working days.
report a manhole issue
extraMile by Integranet