Reporting of nuisance animals (barking dogs).
- The City will respond to complaints about nuisance animals, for example, barking dogs.
- A dog is considered a nuisance by law when a dog persistently barks in a manner to such a degree or extent that it unreasonably interferes with the peace, comfort or convenience of any person.
- If possible, approach your neighbour and explain your concerns in a polite manner.
- If this is not possible, log a complaint below.
- As part of a formal complaint investigation, you will be required to complete a Nuisance Dog Evidence Diary.
- We are unable to investigate a nuisance animal complaint if you choose to remain anonymous.
- As the investigation requires the completion of a Nuisance Dog Evidence Diary, this is not possible if you do not provide your details.
Report a nuisance animal
- To advise the City of a nuisance animal, please report below.
- An officer will take action within the next 48 hours.