Reporting overhanging branches/shrubs onto verges from private trees.
The City will respond to overhanging branches from private trees/shrubs in they are causing a hazard or obstruction when overhanging the verge, footpath or roadway.
- If the tree/shrub is growing on private property, the City will follow up with the property owner to request they prune the tree/shrub.
- This involves writing to the owner and following defined timeframes, therefore this type of request can take a number of weeks to resolve.
- If possible please attach a photo showing the obstruction.
Report an overhanging branch issue
- To report an overhanging branch issue, click below.
- Please provide clear details outlining the issue.
- If possible please attach a photo showing the issue.
- An officer will investigate within three (3) working days.