Applying for a grant
- Read the Community Grant Program Guidelines, explore the grant opportunities and eligibility for each grant category. Make a note of the focus of the specific grant category and assessment criteria (section 6).
- Discuss your ideas with the Grants Officer if you'd like to check you're on the right track. Call 9231 0809 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit the application with supporting documents by the closing date to email@example.com
- Applications received after the closing date will not be processed. Read the Terms and Conditions and confirm acceptance when completing the application form
- Small Grants, Volunteer Grants and Young People Fly High Grants - Applicants will be notified within four weeks of application submission
- All other grant requests - Applications will be processed following the closing date. Applicants will be notified within eight weeks of the closing date. When planning your activity, allow at least 10-12 weeks after the grant submission to allow for planning and promotion.
Essential support material
Each grant category may require different support material.
- Essential: Written quotes are required for all grant categories. The City of Canning will only consider items $250 and over where a written quote has been provided as a part of your application. A quote will be issued by the supplier of the item or service and include the supplier's contact details and ABN. A screen capture or print out of the supplier's website with the required information is also acceptable. Quotes or receipts created by the applicant for goods and services to be provided by a third party will not be considered.
- Letters of support from partnering organisations or beneficiaries are encouraged
- Supporting documents from previous similar activities are welcomed
Successful applicants will receive a grant offer via email so please include a regularly used email address in the application form. Payment of the grant will be arranged for those grants with upfront payments (Young People Fly High grant payments will be following the competition and submission of the acquittal). Payment is via electronic transfer and may take up to 3-4 weeks. All bookings, approvals and other practical requirements for your activity remain the applicant's responsibility and must be arranged prior to the grant application submission.
Unsuccessful applications will receive an update via email. Please contact the Grants Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like detailed feedback on your application.
Acquitting your grant
Complete and submit an acquittal form to the City by the due date in your Grant Offer, email. Recipients of a Young People Fly High grant are paid once the Young People Fly High has been received and approved, which may take 3-4 weeks.
Acquittals are to include:
- Acquittal Form Acquittal Form (all grants with exception of Young People Fly High) or Acquittal Form - Young People Fly High
- Receipts or paid invoices for all expenditure.
- Confirmation the activity took place e.g photos, feedback forms
- Acknowledgement of the grant e.g logo on flyer, social media posts, newsletter articles. Please use the City of Canning logo on your marketing materials.
Please advise if there are any unspent funds in your acquittal form as unspent funds over $50 will need to be returned. (This does not include Young People Fly High)
Acknowledging your grant from the City of Canning
Publicly acknowledging your grant helps to promote the City of Canning Community Grants Program to other groups in Canning who may be eligible to apply. It also thanks the Canning community for their financial contribution to your activity via the grant you've received.
The public acknowledgement of the City of Canning grant on all publicity materials is a condition of the grant.
Please use one of the Canning logos below in your publicity material. Other versions of the logos may be obtained from email@example.com for approval.
Logo - Supported by City of Canning - for use on white backgrounds
Logo - SUpported by City of Canning - for use on coloured backgrounds
Help us to promote the Community Grants Program by providing photos
Your stories and feedback is the best way to promote the Community Grants Program and encourage more activities benefiting the Canning community.
How to supply your photographs:
1. Each person featured in the photo should sign a photographic consent form form, except where the person cannot be recognised, i.e. is seen from behind , is a small figure in the background, or is out of focus. The photos cannot be used without this form.
2. Ensure your photos are full frame (1x ) and supplied as 'actual size' if taken with your phone. If taken with a camera, please supply at 350 Dots Per Inch (DPI). If the photos are low resolution they cannot be used.