Enriching Canning Grants - Open
- Round One Closed 19 August 2022
- Round Two: Closed 4 October 2022
- Round Three: Closing 7 March 2023
Applicants will be notified within 8 weeks of the closing date. Please ensure your activity timeline takes this timeframe into account.
Maximum Grant available: $5,000
Open to incorporated community organisations, sporting clubs and schools*.(*see eligibility of schools within the Community Grant Program guidelines, page 4)
Applicants are eligible to apply once to this grant in 2022/2023. If you would like funding towards more than one activity or event over the coming year, include both initiatives in one application and select the most appropriate round.
The Enriching Canning grant aims to support activities which provide an inclusive, safe and vibrant community in the City of Canning.
Inclusive activities, programs and events
should meet one or more of the following:
- Create opportunities for shared cultural and artistic expression
- Promote awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal culture and heritage
- Facilitate connections, learning and activities for all
- Build the capacity of your organisation to respond to identified community need
- Foster collaboration between groups, business and stakeholders
- Advocate and deliver opportunities for healthy activity and lifestyles
- Facilitate and partner to deliver a range of recreation and leisure services/ facilities
- Collaborate to ensure safe places and spaces for all
- Nurture connections between people and the places they share
- Advocate for and deliver well-managed natural areas supporting biodiversity and appropriate recreation
- Undertake activities to minimise and reuse waste
- Enhance the health of the Canning River, waterways and surrounding natural areas
- Reduce reliance on fossil fuels and optimise the use of natural resources
- Raise awareness and engage with others to protect, respect and enjoy the natural environment
- Promote and educate the community on sustainability and waste management practices
- Proactively respond to the impacts of climate change
- Promote social inclusion and equitable access to all
Equipment purchases must form part of the activity/ program outlined in the application and be used frequently in future activities in Canning.
Applicants seeking funding through the Enriching Canning grant may also apply for a Disability Access and Inclusion grant (same application form) ensuring the activity is accessible for all.
Please review the City's Event Guide
if you're planning to run an event with the grant funding.
Please read the Community Grant Program Guidelines for full details.
Enriching Canning Grant Application Form (please complete new application form)
Check out how an Enriching Canning Grant supported the Head Space - Cannington Mural Project