Maximum Grant available $5,000*
Opening 11 February 2021. Closing 11 March 2021
Community and sporting organisations, Not-for-profit organisations, schools and small medium enterprises (maximum 20 employees) are eligible to apply
Resilience Grants are available to support local community and sporting organisations, not-for-profits and businesses deliver activities which help improve the community's resilience and connectedness in Canning. These grants may also be accessed in support of activities that enhance the viability and capacity of their organisation to respond to the impacts of COVID-19.
This grant is to support organisations to deliver activities which address the impacts of COVID-19 on the Canning community including (but not limited to):
Community and sporting organisations and not-for profits only:
- support for Mental Health initiatives
- activities which enhance social and community connections
- skill development opportunities available to the wider community to support those recently experiencing unemployment and/or loss of income
- activities to attract new members, maintain existing memberships and increase participation levels in local services e.g. have a go event, marketing costs
- volunteering opportunities and/or skill improvement for volunteers to accommodate changing roles and organisational needs
- introduction of new operational processes, services and/ or purchase of new equipment in line with COVID-19 safety requirements e.g. cleaning equipment, online booking software
- online social media and web presence aimed at improving the reach and promotion of social benefits available to the community.
- initiatives and/ or purchase of goods or services which will help reduce costs or create a new income source to replace lost sponsorship e.g. increase food sales.
All proposals must outline the social impact to the Canning community.
*Applicants are eligible to receive up to $5,000 to the Resilience grant in total between March 2020 and June 2021. This means, if you received $3,000 in 2019-2020 through the City’s Resilience grants (including both the Resilience Digital grant and the Resilience Small grant), you may apply for a further $2,000 only in the 2020-2021 Resilience Grant round however please note it is a competitive process. Applicants who have not previously received a Resilience Grant may apply for up to $5,000 toward the activity.
Community Grant Program Guidelines