Environmental community groups and organisations make a valuable contribution to natural area management in the City of Canning.
The City is committed to supporting volunteers in their endeavours, with many groups undertaking a long and established history of valuable conservation activities within the area. It is hoped the new Environmental Community Group and Organisation Manual will help to enhance the mutually-beneficial working relationships that exist between community groups and the City.
The main objectives of the manual are to:
- Provide guidance on natural area management techniques;
- Outline roles and responsibilities;
- Outline the support and resources that the City can provide to groups;
- Provide advice on establishing new groups and managing existing groups;
- Describe the existing natural environment, threats and opportunities;
- Outline insurance and public liability requirements;
- Provide information on creating a safe working environment;
- Provide templates, website links and contacts to obtain further information;
- Provide guidance in potential funding and partnership opportunities;
- Outline training and professional development opportunities.
For more information or advice in relation to the manual, please call our City officers on 1300 422 664.