Do you have a wonderful idea for a community project?
The City of Canning is calling out for Expressions of Interest from community groups to put forward ideas for consideration.
We are seeking to partner on projects that will strengthen community connectedness, resilience and social inclusion, and create engaging and innovative experiences in the City of Canning.
Projects in the range of $500 to $10,000 will be considered.
This partnership opportunity is perfect for projects that require support from City of Canning staff. In addition to funding, we can help with in-kind support such as:
- City venues
- Advertising and promotion
- Advice and guidance on project planning and implementation
- This partnership opportunity is separate to our Grants Funding Program. If you only need funding ($5,000 or less) and no staff support for your project, please click here.
- Events have a separate Expression of Interest process, also closing on Friday 27 August. Please click here for information.
- City of Canning staff have limited capacity and can provide a supporting role only. The group making the submission will be responsible for leading and coordinating the project.
Expressions of interest are now open and close on Friday 27 August 2021.
We will not support projects that:
- Project must be held within the City of Canning boundaries (applicant can be outside Canning)
- Applicants must be part of a sporting, community, or cultural group, or not-for-profit organisation.
- Submissions from local businesses may be considered if strong community benefit can be demonstrated.
- Projects must support or be open to the wider Canning community (for example, anyone from the community is welcome to get involved).
- Applicants who have an outstanding grant acquittal or have failed to provide satisfactory acquittal reporting for any previous City of Canning funding, are ineligible.
- Denigrate, exclude or offend parts of the community with politics or religion.
- Are used to generate income for business or supplement staffing costs.
- Benefit only single individuals rather than a community.
- Are of political nature.
Dates and Who to Contact
Expressions of interest are now open
and close on Friday 27 August 2021.
Should you require more information, or want to chat to us about your idea, please contact the City on 0422 288 989 or email email@example.com
What We Want To Achieve Together
Your project concept should demonstrate it achieves at least one of these objectives:
- Provides learning or capacity building opportunities for the community.
- Helps people feel welcome, connected, included and that they have a sense of belonging within the community.
- Builds capacity, confidence and knowledge in young people.
Once your expression of interest is received, staff will assess eligibility, suitability to the Canning community and whether the project meets our objectives. We’ll then notify you whether your project idea has progressed to the next stage and if so, we’ll be in touch to have further conversations.