Do you have a wonderful idea for a community project or program?
The City of Canning is calling out for Expressions of Interest from our local community to put forward ideas for consideration.
We are seeking to partner on projects that will create memorable, engaging and innovative experiences in the City of Canning, while helping connect and strengthen our community and respond to the social impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have an idea to make Canning more connected, happy, healthy or safe, we'd love to hear from you!
Expressions of interest are now open and close on 19 March 2021.
Note: this Expression of Interest process is separate to our Grants Funding Program. If you wish only to receive funding (for $5,000 or less) for your event/project, please click here.
This opportunity is perfect for either:
A) Projects that are of a larger scale and require more investment than the $5,000 available through our Grants Funding Program,
B) Projects (large or small) that require support from our Officers.
In addition to funding, if required we can help with in-kind support such as:
- City venues
- Advertising and promotion
- Advice and guidance on project planning and implementation
There are two areas of opportunity available:
Community Projects and Initiatives - APPLY HERE
Projects that strengthen community connectedness, resilience and social inclusion.
We believe that the Canning community are experts in their own communities and best placed to determine the types of initiatives and projects that happen here - so think big!
Youth Led Projects and Initiatives - APPLY HERE
Empowering young people 11 – 25 years old to influence positive youth-led change.
If you work with, support or are a young thought leader, change-maker, innovator or impact creator, help us support youth-led change in the community. All ideas for projects are encouraged, whether they are the wildest and most innovative, tackling global issues through a local lens, or even the simple but significant.
We will not support projects that:
- Project must be held within the City of Canning boundaries (applicant can be outside Canning)
- Applicants must be part of a sporting, community, or cultural group, or not-for-profit organisation (apart from some youth-led projects, where applicants are individuals aged 25 and/or under and not supported by a school or youth organisation)
- Projects must support or be accessible to the wider Canning community (for example, anyone from the community is welcome to get involved)
- Denigrate, exclude or offend parts of the community with politics or religion
- Are used to generate income for business or supplement staffing costs
- Benefit only single individuals rather than a community
- Are of political nature
Dates and Who to Contact
Expressions of interest are now open
and close on 19 March 2021.
Should you require more information, or simply want to chat to us about your idea, please contact the City on 1300 422 664 or email:
Community Projects and Initiatives email@example.com
Youth Led Projects and Initiatives firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Want To Achieve Together
Your project concept should demonstrate it achieves at least one of these objectives:
- Has a positive impact on the vibrancy, diversity of activity and liveability of the City of Canning
- Encourages civic pride, social connections and/or cultural expression
- Enhances community participation/ inclusion and fosters social connection
- Builds community resilience and responds to social challenges that have been heightened by the COVID-19 pandemic (i.e. mental health, unemployment, family and domestic violence)
Once the expression of interest period closes, a panel of internal staff will assess eligibility, suitability to the Canning community and whether the project meets our objectives.
We’ll then notify you whether your project idea has progressed to the next stage and if so, we’ll be in touch to have further conversations.