For questions relating to event access or more specific requirements, please contact the City of Canning - Disability Access & Social Inclusion Officer on (08) 6350 7229.
The following events are now available to book:
Council on The Ageing (WA):
Date: Thursday 5th March 2020 (10am to 11.30am)
Venue: Riverton Library
The City of Canning is partnering with the Council on The Ageing (WA) to provide a FREE and independent information session on 'Navigating the Aged Care System'.
The presentations will provide the information you need to engage with the Aged Care System including:
- an overview of the aged care system in Australia
- eligibility and how to access support services
- support services available for people living in their own home
Following the presentations there will be time set aside for participants to chat one-on-one with the Aged Care Navigator Team and find answers to questions they may have
For further information COTA-WA-for-Older-Australians-Information-Session-March-2020
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) - Community Engagement & Awareness Sessions:
Dates: February to March 2020
Mission Australia is holding a series of community engagement and awareness sessions around the south east metro region.
Sessions will cover the following topics:
- Group Implementation Sessions: Understanding what is in your NDIS plan, putting your plan into action and engaging with all service providers
- Local Area Coordinator in the Community: Do you need help with accessing the NDIS, preparing for your planning meeting or using your NDIS plan - come along and talk to a Mission Australia Local Area Coordinator (LAC) who can answer your questions
- Drop In Sessions: Open sessions occurring in a variety of locations in the community where people can come along and get information about the NDIS
For further information NDIS-Community-Engagement-Awareness-Sessioins-(Mission-Australia)_1