Inclusive - information and activities
The City of Canning is proud to support a broad range of programs and activities for people living with disabilities, youth and seniors in our community. Apart from the activities listed below, we also have many other regular events and cultural activities occurring throughout the City - to be kept up-to-date, please sign up for our City of Canning newsletters
to find out what is coming up in your neighbourhood.
The following information, events and activities are now available to access - please scroll down for further information:
- WOWS - Women of World Stage - Choir and Music Group (Thursdays - 6pm - 8pm) Lynwood (weekly)
- NDIS - Mission Australia - Local Area Coordinator Service - Riverton Library (weekly)
- Spinal Life Australia - Know Before You Go and explore your community with confidence and freedom - Accessible Australia App
- Developmental Disability WA - COVID-19 support phone line for people with disability and their families.
For questions relating to the above or for more specific access requirements, please contact the City of Canning - Disability Access and Social Inclusion Officer on 6350 7229.
Access & Inclusion - information and activities
WOWS - Women of World Stage
- Choir and Music Group (Thursdays - 6pm to 8pm) Lynwood
WOW is calling all music lovers to join them every Thursday evening to singing and playing music from around the world. WOWS Choir and Music Group loves to experience the diversity of music that our amazing community has on offer. Everyone is welcome to come along and share your voice and instrumental skills. For further information visit WOW Choir 2021
NDIS - Mission Australia - Local Area Coordinator Service
- Riverton Library (every Monday - 2pm to 4.30pm)
The Mission Australia Local Area Coordination Service is available to answer your questions about the NDIS and to help link you to other mainstream and community supports. Local Area Coordinators will be available each Monday (except public holidays) from 2pm – 4.30pm in the Riverton Library, 67 Riley Road, Riverton. We are inviting community members to meet with a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) who can help with:
- how to access the NDIS
- how to prepare for your NDIS planning
- how to understand and use your NDIS plan
- using the NDIS my Place Participant Portal
- how to manage the budgets in your plan
- how to find and engage providers to help you meet your goals
- how to link to other mainstream and community services.
No appointment required, you can come along and meet with an LAC to seek assistance with your NDIS plan or access to the scheme.
Arrangements can be made to support people who require interpreters or who have specific cultural requirements, please call 1800 370 776 prior to your visit if required. For further information visit LAC in the Community at Riverton Library 2021
Spinal Life Australia - Accessible Australia App
Spinal Life’s Australia has an accessible australia app which allows you to plan your outings. This is a free online resource that gives you the ability to know before you go and leave personal reviews on the accessibility of places that you visit. Spinal Life Aust. want to put the control in your hands and give you the tools to help others in the community explore their back yard and the wider community with freedom and confidence.
To view the app and leave your accessible comments for other community members, please visit Spinal Life Aust - accessible app
Developmental Disability WA (DDWA) - COVID-19 support phone line for people with disability and their families
If you or anyone you know has questions about accessing services and support due to the impacts of COVID-19, please call DDWA who are ready to help connect you or your family member with the most appropriate person or service.
Please call DDWA on 1800 031 093 or visit - DDWA Website