Auspire – The Australia Day Council WA, Community Citizen of the Year Awards are presented by Local Government within local communities across Western Australia on Australia Day.
Nominations open on 1 September and close on 31 October 2020.
The Awards reward and recognise individuals and organisations making a notable contribution during the current year, and/or to those who have given outstanding service over a number of years.
Outstanding contribution and community service includes areas such as; education, health, fund-raising, charitable and voluntary services, business, sport, arts, the environment, social inclusion or any other area that contributes to the advancement and wellbeing of a community.
How it Works
1. Councils calls for nominations from the community
2. All nominations received before the close-off date are provided to the Council for consideration
3. At the Council’s discretion a panel will be appointed to select the winners for each category
4. Awards are presented as part of our Australia Day celebrations and all finalists will be notified directly.
Read more about the categories here.
- Community Citizen of the Year (over 16 years)
- Senior Community Citizen of the Year (65 years or over)
- Young Community Citizen of the Year (under 25 years)
- Active Citizenship Award (community group or event)
Nominate now! Closes 31 October 2020
Every community has local heroes. Auspire – The Australia Day Council WA, Community Citizen of the Year awards is your opportunity to acknowledge those making an outstanding contribution to your local community.
Click here to nominate online
Be sure to click 'City of Canning' on the dropdown menu option for Council.