Learn through play at your library! Join these FREE, fun guided activities for young children and their carers that support early childhood development through play.
- Book your ticket
- Arrive at your library
- Be welcomed into the Play ‘n Learn session
- Share play activities with your child
- Share songs and learning together as a group
- Pack-up together and say goodbyes
- Continue to Play ‘n Learn at home!
Play 'n Learn sessions run during WA school terms.
Visit the links below, and we will see you in the library soon!
Baby Play is a FREE session for babies aged up to 12 months and their caregivers.
As well as building connections with your baby, play is an important part of your baby’s development.Through a range of sensory activities uncover exciting ways to interact with your baby and build beautiful connections together. From discovering emotions, learning about sight, touch and smell, to working on fine motor skills, play is their way of discovering the world and how they fit into it.
- Tummy time and crawling
- Mirror play and peek-a-boo
- Baby sign and early communication
- Support and social interaction (with other babies and adults)
- Discussion of developmental milestones
Children at the library:
We are dedicated to providing a safe and welcoming environment for people of all ages.
For our youngest members, guidelines are in place to ensure their safety. Responsibility for monitoring the safety of children in the library, primarily rests with the parent/caregiver.
- children under the age of 13 years must be supervised by a guardian at all times while in a City of Canning Library (siblings 16 years + are deemed suitable to supervise).
- we ask guardians to remain with children under the age of 8 in activity areas for the duration of events.
- children who do not meet the required age for specific activities/events may have their ticket cancelled.
Canning Libraries' Play 'n Learn programming is informed by:
And is facilitated by City of Canning Libraries staff and volunteers