A creative space for crafters, makers and tinkerers!
The Canning Libraries MakerSpace is a creative space for crafters, makers and tinkerers with equipment and resources for 3D printing, laser cutting, sewing machines, crafting, electronics and more!
All you need to get started is…
Please note: You must be aged 16+ to take part in the MakerSpace program.
- Become a library member (it's free!)
- Book a short induction for the equipment you want to use.*
- Reserve the equipment that you want to use.*
- Get making!
Please see programs for kids and teens here
*Inductions and reservations are only needed for the following equipment:
- 3D Printers
- Laser Cutter
- Sewing Machines & Overlocker
All other equipment can be used in the MakerSpace without an induction and reservation.
Following our successful pilot program in Spring 2021, we will be reopening the MakerSpace in February 2022!
- 3D Printers
- UP BOX + and UP mini 2 ES
- 3D Pens
- Laser cutter
- Emblaser 2 with Air Assist
- Sewing machines
- Janome 8004D 4-Thread Overlocker
- Electronics components
- General crafting materials
- Thingiverse is a website dedicated to the sharing of user-created digital design files. Provides primarily free, open-source hardware designs licensed under the GNU General Public License or Creative Commons licenses. Download files and build them with your 3D printer, laser cutter, or CNC.
- Tinkercad is a free-of-charge, online 3D modeling program that runs in a web browser. Features easy to follow tutorials to get started with 3D design.
Emblaser 2 & LightBurn Tutorials
- Follow this link to find tutorials on using the Emblaser 2 laser cutter & engraver, and LightBurn software.
No! Use of any of the MakerSpace equipment and resources as part of the pilot program is free. However, we ask that you are mindful of other MakerSpace users when using consumable materials such as 3D printer filament, plywood, acrylic, fabric, cardstock, glue and tape. Please bring any suitable materials with you for large projects.