You are never too old to start investing in your health and wellbeing. The Council on the Ageing WA’s Strength for Life program at both Cannington and Riverton Leisureplex offers award-winning senior fitness services and solutions catering to people 50 years of age and over.
The program focuses on getting seniors into the gym environment, completing a structured strength routine designed specifically for their needs. A full doctor’s clearance and physical assessment with our fitness team is required before commencing the program.
Our team aim to provide a fun, friendly and relaxed environment for our Strength for Life group.
In doing so, we have restructured our SFL program, giving seniors in our community more to choose from at the same affordable price.
A personalised workout plan will be provided and we will encourage and support you while instructing on the correct technique and safety.
- Morning and afternoon sessions (see below) with a trainer onsite at all times;
- Access to our pools, spa, sauna and steam room;
- Attendance to 8am aqua aerobics classes.
Please come in and see our trainers about how we can get you started on your road to fitness.
For further information regarding the program please contact the Health and Wellness team on 1300 422 664.
Steps to join
1. Download and complete the participant forms:
2. Take the Doctor Referral Letter to your local GP and have them fill out the medical participant form.
3. Once completed, contact the Health and Wellness staff at the Cannington Leisureplex on 1300 422 664 to book your appointment;
4. On the day of your appointment please make sure you bring all completed forms, a towel and water bottle. Wear comfortable clothes and closed in shoes.
5. Inform the trainers at the desk of your arrival on the day of your appointment.
For more information on the Strength for Life program, pricing and registrations, please call our friendly gym staff on 1300 422 664.