In response to the recent State Government announcements, Riverton and Cannington Leisureplex open this Monday 8 June! For the latest information and guidance on what's happening at the Leisureplexes, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
Regular physical activity and exercise are important for your physical and mental health. Staying physically active and exercising regularly can produce long-term health benefits and prevent a wide range of health conditions such as osteoporosis, arthritis, hypertension and diabetes.
You are never too old to start investing in your health and wellbeing. The Council on the Ageing WA’s Strength for Life program at Cannington Leisureplex is giving residents over the age of 50 a new lease on life.
The program focuses on getting seniors into the gym environment, completing a structured strength routine designed specifically for their needs. A full doctor’s clearance and physical assessment with our fitness team is required before commencing the program.
Our team aim to provide a fun, friendly and relaxed environment for our Strength for Life group.
In doing so, we have restructured our SFL program, giving seniors in our community more to choose from at the same affordable price.
We now have:
- Morning and afternoon sessions (see below) with a trainer onsite at all times;
- Access to our pools, spa, sauna and steam room;
- Attendance to 8am aqua aerobics classes.
Please come in and see our trainers about how we can get you started on your road to fitness.
For further information regarding the program please contact the Health and Wellness team on 6350 7321.
Steps to join
1. Download and complete the participant forms:
2. Take the Doctor Referral Letter to your local GP and have them fill out the medical participant form.
3. Once completed, contact the Health and Wellness staff at the Cannington Leisureplex on 6350 7321 to book your appointment;
4. On the day of your appointment please make sure you bring all completed forms, a towel and water bottle. Wear comfortable clothes and closed in shoes.
5. Inform the trainers at the desk of your arrival on the day of your appointment.