It is the City of Canning’s responsibility to manage trees within parks and on streets to meet the Australian Standard AS4373-2007 Pruning of Amenity Trees and the Quantified Tree Risk Assessment (QTRA) framework.

However in storms and at other times, tree branches can fall.

If you are reporting a fallen branch, please provide as much information as possible to enable the City to respond efficiently:

  • Where is the tree?
  • Is the branch blocking a footpath, verge, roadway, driveway?
  • What is the approximate length in metres and diameter of the branch?
  • Is there damage to property?
  • Is the branch still hanging in the tree?
  • Is the branch broken and still attached to the tree?

How do I report a fallen branch?

Please submit an online branch pick up request or if you believe the issue is urgent, telephone the City on 1300 422 664 during office hours.

Out of office hours, please telephone 1300 422 664 and your call will be forwarded to the after-hours contact centre.

What if the tree is private?

If a private tree has dropped a branch, the City can only assist if the branch has fallen onto the verge, footpath or road and is blocking access. The City will cut and clear the blockage, but does not remove the debris. If a branch or tree has fallen from private property and damaged your home or car, please telephone the SES via their website or phone 132500. If the fallen branch has only damaged a fence, the SES cannot assist.

extraMile by Integranet