In response to the recent State Government announcements, Riverton Leisureplex and Cannington Leisureplex are now open! For the latest information and guidance on what's happening at the Leisureplexes, please refer to our opening information.
With a variety of attractions and services to enjoy, the Riverton Leisureplex is a great place for recreational swimming and lap swimming.
The 50 metre pool is an eight lane Olympic sized pool with both a shallow and deep end ranging from 1.2 metres to 1.5 metres in depth. The 50 metre pool will be heated between 27 and 28 degrees.
The leisure pool is heated at 30 to 32 degrees and ranges from 0 to 1.0 metres in depth. This pool is split into two main areas:
- Beach style entry pool with rapid river and baby pool swim area, perfect for leisure activities for families with young children.
- The 'walking lanes' are primarily for walking, slow swimming and rehabilitation activities providing an enjoyable and relaxed experience for rehabilitation exercises, older adults and non-swimmers. This area can also be used as a 'learn to swim' zone which caters for younger children aged 1 to eight eyars participating in swimming lessons.
The bombie or deep water pool is 2.4 metres in depth and heated at 27 to 28 degrees.
There is a program pool in the Wellness Suite
Pool lane availability
Plan your swim in advance by viewing our pool lane availability click here.
NOTE: Please check daily for regular updates.
Fun nuts can be hired from the café to ride the rapid river for only $2 for 30mins. The 50m long waterslide, supervised by staff at all times, provides an action packed ride. Wristbands are available from reception and the café for a small fee depending on session times.
The 100 metre long waterslide is open on weekends and school holidays only from 12noon to 2pm and 2.30pm to 4.30pm, excluding public holidays. For safety reasons children must be over the age of six to ride the waterslide.
- Waterslide 10 Pass $3 (Ten rides on the waterslide that can be used over multiple days of pool entry)
- Waterslide Session for two hours $3 (used on the day of purchase for unlimited number of rides in the two hour period)
- All Day Waterslide Pass $5
Safer swimming guidelines
Watch Around Water is a public awareness program addressing the growing concern regarding supervision of young children at public swimming pools.
In recognising the Watch Around Water policy, children under six years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult and must be within arm’s reach at all times whilst in the centre. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult and supervised within line of sight at all times whilst in the centre. All unsupervised children will be removed from the water.
Why is the policy important?
- It prevents drowning death and injury. Since the program started, there have been no drowning deaths recorded involving young children at public swimming pools in WA
- Drowning is the leading cause of unintentional death in children under five years of age.
- Almost half of all injuries at public pools involve young children.
- The program assists aquatics staff to promote safe supervision practices and provide a safe venue for the community.
- It provides consistent supervision policies state-wide
- It educates parents about safety.