Canning Swim School Squads have recommenced.
We offer an extensive coaching program, catering for both competitive and recreational swimmers.
Swimming squads are a great way to stay fit and healthy, make friends and provide a pathway to improve your swimming.
To book a complimentary squad assessment please contact Canning Swim School on 1300 422 664.
To ensure that we provide a safe swimming environment and comply with current restrictions, some small changes have been made:
Visitor Entry Registration
- each squad session will have a maximum of 10 children per lane
- weekday morning squad sessions will no longer be available to Swim Clinic or River Jets Silver squads (due to our restricted lanes and smaller maximum numbers)
- automatic hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed at various locations around the centre. Hand sanitiser is available for children to use before, during and after sessions
- it is compulsory for all squad swimmers to shower before entering the pool. Deck showers are located between the 50m Pool and Leisure Pool
- children are encouraged to bring their own equipment (water bottle, kickboard, fins, pool buoy, paddles)
- some equipment will be provided and will be disinfected after each use
- children must not share equipment or water bottles
- children are to arrive five minutes before their session and ensure they leave promptly
- change rooms and toilets are available
- parent spectators with children under the age of 12 years old are allowed to stay in the centre. Parents of older children will need to wait in the carpark if they wish to stay
- physical distancing will need to be adhered to at all times (including at reception, in the lanes, out on pool deck, in the change rooms, etc.)
- children and parent spectators must stay home if they are sick
- attendances will be taken at each session as usual
In accordance with government recommendations to enforce social distancing and to aid in contact tracing in the event of an outbreak, we now require all visitors (this includes swimmers and spectators) to register their contact details with us each time they enter our facility and to check out again when they leave to help us keep track of our numbers.
We will be using QR codes to monitor numbers within each section of the centre. In order to register your entry and exit, you will need to scan the QR code with the camera on your smart phone. Please note, Android users will need to download a QR code scanner or reader from their app store.
Enrolment & Payment
We would appreciate it if you enrolled in advance and refrained from enrolling at main reception as we want to reduce our volume of face to face customer interactions due to our maximum area capacities and physical distancing requirements. Please note, for the safety of our staff, the City is currently cash free and all financial transactions are electronic. Please contact our Swim School directly during office hours (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 3.30pm) on 1300 422 664.
Please be aware that we have strict lane capacities, as soon as we hit our maximum numbers for each squad, children will not be allowed to "overbook" a session. In the event of a session being full, parents are encouraged to enrol their children into another session at another time or they can swim in the public lanes if space permits.
Assessment required via Swim School office
Minimum 1 x 60 minute training session
Swim Clinic is a transitional class from school age lessons into squad training. Children must have completed Stage 7 to be eligible for an assessment to enter Swim Clinic. Swim Clinic focuses on the four competitive strokes, with a strong emphasis on stroke correction and lane etiquette.
River Jets 1
Minimum 2 x 1 hour sessions per week
River Jets 1 is the first squad training level. Emphasis is placed on how to train effectively, learning skills and building endurance to be able to complete a 200m Individual Medley. Bi-lateral breathing, correct starts and turns are also mastered in River Jets 1.
River Jets 2
Prerequisite: River Jets 1 (or assessment required)
Minimum 2 x 1 1/4 hour sessions per week
River Jets 2 squad swimmers develop their endurance and improve both their speed and underwater efficiency. Emphasis is placed on stroke development and goal setting. Competitive swimming is encouraged but not compulsory.
River Jets 3
Prerequisite: River Jets 2 (or assessment required)
Minimum 3 x 1 1/2 hour sessions per week
River Jets 3 squad swimmers level of expectation is higher in commitment, goal setting, intensity and distances swum. Four to eight sessions per week are encouraged to enhance the squad swimmer's ability to train at an exceptionally high standard.
Teenage Fitness (13 years plus) 1 hour session (more sessions are available)
Jets Silver is a teenage recreational training program for swimmers who wish to stay active and maintain fitness in a fun and social environment.
Assessment required Teenage Squad Training (13 years plus)
Minimum 2 training sessions per week
Jets Gold is for highly motivated teenagers who wish to challenge themselves, improve times, and train at an exceptional level.
Enrolment & Payment
Please remember, you need to enrol into squads prior to attending the sessions to be eligible to enter the pool. No swimmers will be able to enter the pool without paying for their training sessions. It is advisable to always book before the end of the month to avoid missing out on a squad session.
Riverton Leisureplex is home to the Riverton Aquanauts.
Club nights are of a social nature, providing children with race practice.
Riverton Aquanauts gladly welcomes new members to join this family orientated swimming club.
For further information visit: www.rivertonaquanauts.wix.com/swimming-club