KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their participating local government.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card or have a referral from a Financial Assessor.
- primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply).
Financial Assessor Information
Financial Assessor from the 1st of January has replaced the Referral Agent. To be eligible to be referred by a Financial Assessor there are 4 reasons as to why they would be able to support your KidSport Application.
- Sudden loss of employment and subsequent income from the main income earner of the family. This does not include voluntary unemployment or circumstances where a redundancy payment has been received.
- Death or serious illness of parent/guardian causing significant impact on the household income.
- Fire, flood or other natural disaster causing significant impact on the household income.
- Situations when the child has been placed into care (of the State, foster or extended family) and the relevant concession cards are unavailable.
Applications can be submitted online through the Kidsport website.