Being active in the City of Canning has never been easier! Our Community Development, Youth services, Health Promotions and Leisureplex teams are continuously providing the community with recreation programs to get active through our:
- Sporting Reserves and Public Open Spaces
- Community Facilities
- Walking and Cycling trails
- Cannington and Riverton Leisureplexes
If you would like to partner with one of our Community Development Teams to get our community active, please contact the City on 1300 422 664.
You can also get active yourself by using the outdoor exercise equipment provide by the City at the following locations:
- Bunning Park
- Cunnington Park
- Dabchick Park
- Hossack Park
- Queens Park Reserve
- Serisier Parkway
Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Operators
Recognising that physical activity is an important component of a healthy and vibrant community, the City is committed to providing opportunities for people to participate in a range of outdoor activities enhancing physical health and well-being.
In order for you to be eligible as a Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Operator using the City of Canning’s Active &/or Passive Reserves, you must have the following:
- Approved qualifications endorsed by Fitness Australia and/or VETAB providers such as TAFE, Universities and Nationally Recognised Training institutions/college
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Proof of being a current registered professional with Fitness Australia or the relevant peak body
- Current Public Liability Insurance to a minimum of $10 million.
For more information and to discuss your requirements please contact our Bookings Team: email@example.com