These recreation programs take place across various spaces such as:
- Sporting Reserves and Parks
- Walking and Cycling Trails
- Cannington and Riverton Leisureplexes
The City of Canning also has Exercise Equipment at the following Parks and Reserves:
- Hossack Park
- Ranford Oval
- Dabchick Park
- Bunning Park
- Cunnington Park
- Serisier Parkway
- Queens Park Reserve
The City of Canning is committed to providing a range of activities for the health and well-being of the community by removing the fee for Group and Personal Training on reserves.
Recognising that physical activity is an important component of a healthy and vibrant community, the City is committed to providing opportunities for people to participate in a range of activities enhancing physical health and well-being.
In order for you to be eligible as a Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Operator within the City of Canning, you must have the following:
- Approved qualifications endorsed by Fitness Australia and/or VETAB providers such as TAFE, Universities and Nationally Recognised Training institutions/college;
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Proof of being a current registered professional with Fitness Australia or the relevant peak body; and
- Current Public Liability Insurance to a minimum of $10 million.
For more information and to discuss your requirements, please call 1300 422 66.