Expressions of Interest - Design Review Panel Membership
Are you a qualified architect, landscape architect or urban designer looking for an opportunity to give something back to the community while at the same time expanding your skills and network?
The City of Canning invites suitably qualified individuals to register their interest in appointment to its Design Review Panel (‘Panel’), for a two year membership period.
Role and operation of the committee
The Panel meets on a monthly basis to provide advice to the City, and applicants, on the design quality and site planning of significant developments. All relevant details relating to the role and operation of the Panel are contained in the City’s Local Planning Policy LP.06 – Design Review Panel and Assessment of Significant Developments.
Members will be paid a sitting fee for attendance at Panel meetings at a rate of $250 (plus GST) per hour; for maximum of 3 hours per meeting or the duration of the meeting (whichever is the lesser), plus up to 1.5 hours for out of meeting costs (preparation work and travel).
Eligibility for membership on the DRP for a period of two years will be based on the following criteria:
- Provision of a copy of your qualification in architecture, landscape architecture or urban design
- Demonstrated high level of expertise and knowledge in their particular field of architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, sustainability and heritage relevant to the City. Other disciplines may include planning, transport, public art, accessibility or civil and structural engineering
- Direct skills and experience in design review and providing independent expert advice
- Skills and experience in design and design review of major development of the kind and scale which the DRP will be required to review
- Eligibility for membership, or current registration, with a relevant professional association
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
If you would like to nominate for the role of Chair or Deputy Chair please demonstrate your extensive skills in:
- design review
- facilitating and directing professional meetings
- ability to provide direct advice in a collegial and courteous manner
- ability to integrate a range of views and comments.
How to submit your application
Written applications addressing selection criteria are to be submitted to email@example.com
by 5pm Wednesday 5 August 2020
For more information call Leader Statutory Planning, Zoe Lavranos, on 9231 0572.