On any given night in Australia 1 in 200 people are homeless
Support services and information:
The WA Housing Hub is run by Shelter WA, and provides information and a list of crisis care accommodation options.
For more information on crisis and supported accommodation visit this page
Crisis Care is a telephone information and counselling service that operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, for people in crisis needing urgent help. Crisis Care can assist when someone needs help to sort out a serious problem, is concerned about the wellbeing of a child, is escaping domestic violence, is homeless, and/or needs counselling, information or other support.
- Phone: 9223 1111 or 1800 199 008 (country free call)
- Crisis Care can also be accessed through the translating and interpreting service on 13 14 50.
For more information visit the Department of Communities website.
Entry Point is a free assessment and referral service assisting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Western Australia to access accommodation and support options.
- Monday to Friday 9.00am – 7.00pm
- Saturdays 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Phone: 1800 124 684 or 6496 0001
For individuals and families based in Perth, the service offers assessment of individual circumstances on the phone or in person.
The service can:
- provide individuals with information on accommodation and support options to increase their chances of securing accommodation
- if eligible, provide formal referrals to specialist homelessness services and other accommodation or support options
- set up a time for an assessment and then refer to the most eligible appropriate services
- assess individual circumstances of people and families experiencing domestic violence and, if eligible, provide formal referrals to crisis accommodation and support options.
For more information visit Entrypoint Perth.
Ask Izzy helps people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to find the services they need, including housing, food, support and facilities nearby.
For more information visit Ask Izzy.