A new partnership between City of Canning, City of Gosnells and Town of Victoria Park makes it easier to trade at approved events in their areas.

The Simplified Trading Partnership Permit (STPP) is for registered food businesses wanting to trade at approved events in any of the participating local government areas. 

You can make an initial application online at any participating local government, ideally the local government that is hosting the first event you intend to trade at. You will need to apply for the permit at least two weeks (14 days) prior to trading at your first event.

The Simplified Trading Partnership has an annual fee of $115, the fee will be required to be paid at the first event you apply from 1 July each financial year. The permit will be valid for the duration of that financial year. If you have additional vehicles to ad to your permit, you will be charged a fee of $57 for each additional vehicle.  

After receiving your initial permit simply notify the subsequent local governments (Victoria Park, Gosnells and Canning) online if you plan to trade at an approved event within their boundaries. After notifying them, you will receive your subsequent permit(s) free of charge for the specified period.

You will need to notify each local government before each event you want to attend. The notification process is fast, simple and can be done online. Please note all permits are only for trading at approved events, upon invitation of the event organiser.

Forms can be completed online using the links below: 

  • If your first event this financial year is located in City of Canning, apply here
  • If your first event this financial year is located in City of Gosnells, apply here
  • If your first event this financial year is located in Town of Victoria Park, apply here
If you already hold a STPP and are looking to trade in a subsequent event within the City of Canning you can notify below:
  FAQs and information for the simplified trading partnership permits can be found here


Complete food safety training

All food handlers are also encouraged to complete our free online food safety training FoodSafe®

You can access the FoodSafe® Online course free of charge from the website link below. The link takes you to the Environmental Health Australia website. You will need to register your food business details to log in to the external website and purchase the training using the unique code in the “Redeem Online Voucher” section, type FSCANNI350. To access the training click here

Any queries, please contact Environmental Health Services on 1300 422 664.

Under Standard 3.2.2 Food Safety Practices, the owners of food businesses are responsible for making sure people who handle food or food contact surfaces in their business, and the people who supervise this work, have the skills and knowledge they need to ensure food safety and hygiene. Having adequate skills and knowledge is a legal requirement, and further advice can be found here

extraMile by Integranet