The green lid bin is for your general waste that can’t be reused or recycled. The bins are collected weekly (Monday - Friday). To find out which day and week your green lid rubbish bin collected, please click here.
What can I put in?
- Food and garden waste
- General rubbish items
- Soft plastics
What can't I put in?
- Gas bottles
- Electronic waste or batteries
- Hazardous waste such as;
- Liquids and oils
- Please place your bins out on the verge by 6am on the day of your collection.
- The bin should be one metre from the kerb with the wheels nearest your house and if is also your recycling day please make sure they are at least half a metre apart so the collection trucks can lift and empty them easily.
- Please keep footpaths clear and ensure bins are clear of obstructions. For example bins should not be under tree canopy and need to be away from parked vehicles, walls or lamp posts.
- Once your bin is emptied please return bins to your property as soon as possible.
- Store bins in a shaded area and clean your bins regularly.
- Wrap all moist and perishable foods in newspaper before placing in your dark green lid refuse bin.
- Freeze smelly food and place in your dark green lid refuse bin the night before collection.
- Please remember not to compact the waste as it prevents the bin contents from being emptied. Place bulky lawn clippings and small prunings on top of the material in your dark green lid refuse bin.
Your yellow lid recycling bin is collected fortnightly on the same day as your green bin. Click here for information about your recycling bin.
If you would like to confirm your collection week or have any other enquiries on domestic waste and recycling collections, please call 1300 422 664 during the business hours of 8.15am and 4.30pm.