** Please note the verge side bulk green waste collection dates and zones have changed in 2019. Please read the information below to ensure you know your zone and collection date.**
The City of Canning conducts verge side bulk collections for green waste. There are two green waste verge collections per household each year.
2019 Bulk Green Waste Verge Collection Dates
Please have your green waste out by the dates stated for your address/zone as this is when our services commence.
Use our lookup tool below to find out the green waste collection dates for your address.
Download a copy of the 2019 Waste Information Calendar here
Please note:The City will no longer be sending out flyers prior to green and junk verge side collections.
Green Waste Material
Green waste material is not to be placed out on the verge more than seven days prior to the commencement date. Only tree and shrub prunings that comply with the following will be removed:
- individual green waste should not exceed 1.5m in length nor weigh more than 16kg
- green waste to be less than 150mm in diameter
- maximum volume 6m3
- stacked tree and shrub prunings that are placed neatly on the street verge with the cut ends facing the street
The following will not be removed:
- lawn and weed sods, stumps or tree roots
- oversized material (see limits above)
- bags, boxes or bales of green waste.
Please note:The City does not have any arrangements with commercial contractors to undertake private residential green waste pruning. Where residents choose to utilise the services of commercial contractors to undertake residential green waste pruning, it is the resident’s responsibility to ensure they comply with the requirements of the City’s green waste collection.
Junk will not be collected as part of a green waste collection.
Green Waste Verge Pick-Up Placement
Branches must be at 90° to the road with the cut ends facing the road and the end with the leaves facing the property. Length of each piece of timber must not exceed 1.5m.
Bulk Verge Green Waste Collection -General Conditions
- Up to 6m3or two standard 6x 4 ft trailer loads of tree and shrub prunings will be removed during a collection.Any other hard waste or junk on your verge will not be collected during a green waste collection.
- If you do have Household Waste to dispose of please wait for a household waste bulk verge collection.
- Green waste may only be placed on the verge seven days (7) prior to the start of the collection
- Please think of your neighbours and do not put anything on verges outside of collection dates as material left on the verge can be unsightly or even hazardous in some instances.
- Any waste left on the verge outside collection dates must be removed immediately or a litter infringement notice may be issued.
- Please do not obstruct or obscure essential services such as fire hydrants,telecommunications, sewer or stormwater access, electrical transformers or power domes
- Ensure the footpath is free to use and that Council can access normal bin service
- Please do not place material on vacant properties or land, public places, reserves, parks or their verges. Such action is an offence under the Litter Act and may incur an infringement.
- Please do not bag leaves or other prunings when leaving material out for verge collection. If you must bag your prunings, these should be placed in your green top rubbish bin.
- Rubbish, such as plastic, metal or paper in the prunings will contaminate the green waste and prevent the prunings from being processed into products such as mulch.
- No green waste is placed on our parks or reserves, as the City’s Waste Services do not collect from these areas.
If you require further information, please contact the City on 1300 422 664 during the business hours of 8.15am and 4.30pm.