The City of Canning conducts verge side collections for bulk garden organics. There are two garden organics verge collections per household each year.
Bulk Garden Organics Verge Collection Dates
Please have your green waste out by the dates stated for your address/zone as this is when our services commence.
Use our lookup tool below to find out the garden organics collection dates for your address.
Download a copy of the Jan-June 2021 Waste Information Calendar here
Please note: The City will no longer be delivering our Waste Guide to households, unless requested. Hard copies of our Waste Guide are available at our Administration Building, libraries, leisureplexes, the Canning River Eco Education Centre and our Waste Transfer Station.
Bulk Garden Organics Material
Please think of your neighbours and do not place bulk garden organics material on the verge more than seven days prior to the commencement date.
Please ensure, however, that all garden organics material is placed on the verge by 6:00am on the Monday of the commencement date, as late piles will not be collected.
Only garden organics material that complies with the following will be removed:
- Individual garden organic material should not exceed 1.5m in length nor weigh more than 16kg
- Individual garden organic material to be less than 150mm in diameter
- Maximum pile volume of 6 cubic metres (m3) applies (refer diagram below)
- Stacked garden organics materials that are placed neatly on the street verge with the cut ends facing the street and the end with the leaves facing the property (refer diagram below).
The following will not be removed:
- Lawn and weed sods, stumps or tree roots
- Oversized material (see limits above). If your pile exceeds our maximum volume of 6m3, your excess waste may be collected for a charge. Please contact Customer Service before your scheduled collection on 1300 422 664 to arrange pre-payment.
- Bulk household waste
- Garden organic materials that are contaminated with other items such as plastic, metal or other materials
- Bags, boxes or bales of green waste.
Please note:The City does not have any arrangements with commercial contractors to undertake private residential green waste pruning. Where residents choose to utilise the services of commercial contractors to undertake residential green waste pruning, it is the resident’s responsibility to ensure they comply with the requirements of the City’s garden organics collection.
Bulk Garden Organics Verge Pick-Up Placement
To ensure the efficient and safe collection of your materials, please do not place your piles around trees, poles or any other obstructions, or leaning against fences.
Bulk Garden Organics Verge Collection - General Conditions
- Please think of your neighbours and do not put anything on verges outside of collection dates as material left on the verge can be unsightly or even hazardous in some instances.
- Any garden organics materials left on the verge outside collection dates must be removed immediately or an infringement notice may be issued.
- Please do not obstruct or obscure essential services such as fire hydrants, telecommunications, sewer or stormwater access, electrical transformers or power domes.
- Ensure the footpath is free to use.
- Please do not place material on vacant properties or land, public places, reserves, parks or their verges. Such action is an offence and may incur an infringement.
If you require further information, please contact the City on 1300 422 664 during the business hours of 8.15am and 4.30pm.