The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Program provides funding for the collection and appropriate disposal of HHW collected at the Canning Waste Transfer Station (Ranford Road, Canning Vale). At this site the public can drop off their unwanted HHW for free, even if they are not a resident of the area.
Accepted materials through the HHW Program:
- acids and alkalis
- batteries (household)
- engine coolants and glycols
- fire extinguishers; non-halon (red) only
- fluorescent lamps and tubes (CLFs)
- gas cylinders (small household 9kg)
- household chemicals (e.g. cleaners)
- pool chemicals
- smoke detectors
Unknown chemicals are accepted but must be in sealed chemical resistant containers.
The program can only accept domestic quantities of materials (no larger than 20kg/20L per material type).
to download the Household Hazardous Waste Program Flyer.