Cecil Avenue East Concept Plan
Cecil Avenue East is the next phase of the City Centre Regeneration Program – a 10 year, $76 million project that aims to turn Canning into Perth’s southern CBD.
The City has developed a Concept Plan for Cecil Avenue East (from near Lake Street to Sevenoaks Street). This Concept Plan outlines the vision and work which continues on from the recently upgraded Cecil Avenue West.
- The Concept Plan for Cecil Avenue East includes:
- Dedicated bus lanes which can also be used by cyclists and taxis
- Wider footpaths for a pedestrian-friendly street
- Big trees to increase tree canopy on Cecil Avenue
- Rain gardens and points of interest for the public to enjoy e.g. public art
- Smart infrastructure including technology for augmented reality, free Wi-Fi, CCTV, public mobile charging stations and interactive street and furniture lighting.
Traffic signals will also be installed at the Lake Street intersection to improve safety, as it is planned that in the future Lake Street will be extended to Wharf Street. A raised median will be constructed on Cecil Avenue restricting access to left in / left out.
It is proposed to remove the crossover that is centrally located adjacent to 53 Cecil Avenue and some additional parking bays will be constructed at this location. The site will retain its left in / left out access to the south along Cecil Avenue, and the full access crossover off Lake Street. Right turn movements to / from Cecil Avenue can be undertaken with safety at the proposed traffic signals at Lake Street.
The City originally had plans to host an information session to share the Plan with the community. However, following advice from the Federal Government and community concern regarding the spread of COVID-19, we’re sharing the plans online - Cecil Avenue East Concept Report
If you have any questions regarding this project and the wider City Centre, please contact Gary McCullough - Senior Project Leader Canning City Centre or Angelika Limmarja - Senior Project Planner Canning City Centre, at email@example.com