• Contact Us
  • Business News

Livestock and Wildlife

Pets and Other Animals
Livestock and Wildlife

Livestock and wildlife can pose problems for residents and road users.


Livestock owners may be liable for any damage caused by livestock wandering onto public land, roads, or other private property.

If Rangers impound your livestock, you will be liable for impounding fees and penalties may also apply.

To report stray livestock please contact us on 1300 422 664.


Please contact the Wildcare Helpline on 9474 9055 for advice on sick, injured, or displaced native wildlife. The City does not respond to wildlife rescues.

The Wildcare Helpline is managed by the Parks and Wildlife Service.

Dealing with snakes

In spring and summer, reptiles emerge to bask in the sun. They are more active during the day and at night in warm weather. During this time, you should take precautions to minimise the chance of encountering snakes.

If you find a snake in a garden or house, contact the Wildcare Helpline 9474 9055 to be referred to a volunteer reptile remover.

If volunteers are unavailable, there are commercial snake removal services. Advice can be provided by phoning the Parks and Wildlife Service on 9219 9840.

Animal cruelty

For emergencies and acts of cruelty on domestic animals, please contact the RSPCA on 1300 278 3589.

Deceased animals

To report deceased animals on roads or verges within the City of Canning, please contact us 1300 422 664.

Was this page helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!