What’s being proposed?
The City has received $1million in funding as part of the Smart Cities and Suburbs Program which will revitalise the Wharf Street Basin into a Next Generation Community Park.
The Next Generation Community Park will be designed as a space where the community can sit, enjoy the lake and have areas to discover. The park will provide a great space for residents living in apartments within the Canning City Centre who have little or no backyard space to enjoy the outdoors.
Currently a multifunction drain, the park will embrace smart design and smart technology to deliver opportunities for recreation and education.
Developed by Josh Byrne & Associates, this is the concept for Wharf Street Basin Next Generation Community Park:
Through smart landscape design and technology solutions, based on the use of environmental data and community needs, the concept includes:
- landscape design to promote the natural environment
- a living lab where water quality and levels will be recorded in real time
- interactive education stations
- a bridge for pedestrians to access Cecil Avenue from Wharf Street
- a boardwalk on the Wharf Street side of the basin
- technology to provide information on environmental conditions at the park.
Gary McCullough | Senior Project Leader | Canning City Centre
(e) email@example.com | (m) 0418 129 964 | (p) 9231 0515
Angelika Limmarja | Senior Project Planner | Canning City Centre
(e) firstname.lastname@example.org | (p) 9231 0567