The City's Sustainability and Environment Advisory Group provides leadership and strategic advice to Elected Members of Council regarding a broad sustainability and environment charter.
The Sustainability and Environment Advisory Group (SEAG) aims to advise on:
- how to develop and implement more sustainable practices in the community
- how to conserve and enhance natural areas
- the development and implementation of initiatives, policies and processes that support the Strategic Community Plan's sustainability and environment objectives.
The SEAG will be a key source of advice in developing sustainability strategies and principles in Canning. The group will:
- provide comment, expert advice, and local knowledge
- provide feedback on plans, services and programs
- advise on current and emerging issues and policy matters within the Canning community.
For more information, contact the City's Sustainability Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9231 0570.
Members are required to:
- have an understanding and commitment to environmental and sustainability matters
- attend bi-monthly meetings and contribute to discussions.
The term of appointment for membership is a period of up to two (2) years. Should there be a vacancy, the City will advertise the vacant position/s in local newspapers and on its website.
The SEAG is happy to communicate the community's views on sustainability and environmental issues.
You can contact the advisory group by emailing email@example.com.
The Sustainability team will pass on your contact to the relevant SEAG member, and you will receive a response to your query within 10 working days.