The City has a Sustainability and Environment Advisory Group to provide leadership and strategic advice to Elected Members of Council with respect to a broad sustainability and environment charter.
The Sustainability and Environment Advisory Group (SEAG) aims to provide advice on how to develop and implement more sustainable practices in the community, how to conserve and enhance natural areas within the City, and to champion the development and implementation of initiatives, policies and processes in the delivery of the City’s Strategic Community Plan objectives relating to sustainability and environment.
The SEAG will be a key source of advice to City Officers in developing strategies that support the strategic and community goals and sustainability principles in Canning. The group will:
- provide comment, expert advice, local knowledge, information and feedback regarding plans, services and programs.
- provide the City advice in relation to current and emerging issues and policy matters within the Canning community.
For further information about the group contact the City's Sustainability Officer on email@example.com or 08 9231 0570.
Membership will be sought on the basis of a broad interest, understanding and commitment to environmental and sustainability matters. A maximum of ten (10) members will be drawn from a cross-section of the community. Advisory Group members have a responsibility to attend bi-monthly meetings and contribute to discussions.
The term of appointment for membership will be a period of up to two (2) years. Should a vacancy occur, the City will advertise the vacant position/s in local newspapers, and on its website for nominations for membership.
Nominations Now Open
The SEAG is looking for four new members to add value to sustainability-based discussions, provide advice on issues and represent the broader views of the Canning community.
To apply submit a Nomination Form via:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to Director Canning Environment, City of Canning, Locked Bag 80, Welshpool WA 6986
- in person at the Administration Building, 1317 Albany Highway, Cannington WA 6107.
Applications close 5pm Friday 29 June 2019.