The City of Canning is committed to caring for employees and being an employer of choice.
The City supports a work-life balance through flexible work options, provides training and development opportunities, and offers benefits to ensure all employees enjoy their employment experience.
See why we love working at the City...
These are benefits you will be entitled to as a City of Canning employee:
- competitive salary packages
- flexible working arrangements – including Rostered Day Off
- free parking
- employee kitchen facilities
- opportunity to purchase additional leave
- full gym membership across Cannington and Riverton Leisureplex
- professional development opportunities
- study assistance and training opportunities
- higher duties and Leadership Development opportunities
- Social Club
- superannuation matching
- annual flu vaccinations
- annual skin screening
- regular mental and physical health events and learning opportunities
- bicycle parking and shower facilities at most locations.
The City of Canning Employee Code of Conduct is an important guide to help employees behave appropriately in the workplace.
The Code ensures all City employees, volunteers, contractors, and consultants act in the best interests of our community.
Download the Employee Code of Conduct (PDF 2MB).
At the City of Canning our vision is to be a Welcoming and Thriving City.
This vision is supported by our three values:
- We treat others with respect.
- We are honest and respectfully authentic always.
- We trust and are trustworthy.
- We thrive on collaboration and connection to create value for the community.
- Together we go the extra mile and appreciate everyone's effort.
- We freely share our knowledge, our successes, and the lessons we learn from mistakes.
- We learn from the past and focus on the future.
- We ensure everyone is welcome and their contribution is appreciated.
- We genuinely care and appreciate the efforts of all.
- We embrace our differences.