• Contact Us
  • Business News

Safer Homes

The City is here to help you keep your home safe and secure.

By introducing simple security precautions, you can take an active role in reducing crime and help to keep your home and community safe.

Security Incentive Scheme

A family receiving information about the scheme

Applications are now CLOSED

Round Five of the Security Incentive Scheme has now CLOSED.

Rebates were provided on a first come, first serve basis and all funds have now been fully expended.

Keep an eye out on the City’s website and social media platforms for advice of future rounds.

Can I buy and install my security items myself?

The City recommends a licensed professional installs your security items.

However, you may buy and install your items yourself with the exclusion of any hard-wired electrical items. A registered electrician must install devices requiring hard-wired electrical supply, including sensor lights.

What happens if my security items cost less than the rebate amount listed?

Rebates are paid up to the maximum amount listed on your application form.

Should you buy an item that falls below the rebate amount listed, only the cost of your item will be rebated. For example, the maximum rebate listed for a home intruder alarm is $200, but if yours costs $90, only $90 will be rebated.

Am I guaranteed a rebate?

No, rebates are offered to those who apply first. We cannot accept your application after the rebates have been expended.

What is the maximum rebate?

The maximum rebate amount is $200.00 per household, per financial year.

If you have a valid Pensioner Concession, Healthcare or WA Seniors Card, the maximum rebate is $300.00 per household, per financial year.

Can I claim more than once?

No, Residents/Property Owners are only entitled to make one application per financial year.

If you want to install multiple items these must be submitted on one application.

Can different people in my household apply for a rebate?

No, only one rebate can be claimed per household.

Can I apply for a rebate for security items I bought for my business?

No, the Security Incentives Scheme only provides rebates for items installed at your home.

I wish to buy security items for someone who lives in another city. Can I claim the rebate on this?

No, rebates are only offered for residents who are installing security items at a City of Canning residence.

How do I get my rebate?

Your rebate will be paid into the bank account you nominated on your application form. Please note that we cannot process your rebate without a copy of your bank statement header, which includes:

  • Account Holder Name
  • BSB
  • Account Number of your nominated account.

Do I need to register my CCTV system with the police?

It is not mandatory to register your home CCTV with police, but the City recommends that you do.

Cam-Map is a secured database operated by the Western Australian Police Force. It contains all voluntarily registered CCTV systems across WA.

A security car driving around the neighbourhood

Holiday Watch Patrol

In the excitement and rush to organise your holiday, home security can easily be forgotten. To assist residents, the City offers a holiday watch patrol at no extra cost.

Residents who register will have their property patrolled while they are away. To register, submit a request online or call 1300 422 664.


The city has developed a number of resources offering helpful tips and information to help you improve the safety of your home.

Cam-Map WA

Cam-Map WA is a secured database operated by the Western Australian Police Force containing all voluntarily registered CCTV systems across Western Australia.

Knowing where active CCTV systems are in your area will assist WA Police to investigate incidents in order to improve community safety, solve crimes more effectively, or locate missing people sooner.

Register your CCTV system.

Was this page helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!