The Youth Grants are currently closed. The next round will open in early 2024.
The Youth Grants support activities, projects, programs or events that primarily engage with young people (aged 12-25) and encourage social and civic participation. Proposals that help increase skills, empowerment and / or resilience of young people in Canning are encouraged. This new grant category aligns to the City’s Youth Engagement Framework 2022-24.
Information for applicants
- The maximum grant available is $5,000.
- The grant has two funding rounds:
- Round One – closes 14 August 2023
- Round Two – closes 5 March 2024
- Open to incorporated community organisations, sporting clubs and schools*. (*see eligibility of schools within the Community Grant Program guidelines, page four).
- 50% in-kind or cash contribution required (i.e. to receive a grant of $5,000, the applicant must demonstrate a contribution of $2,500 or more towards the activity).
- Applicants will be notified approximately six weeks after the closing date. Please ensure your activity timeline takes this into account.
- Applicants are eligible to apply once to this grant in 2023/2024.
Please read the Community Grant Program Guidelines for full details.