Our Leisureplex Crèches allow you to work out, play a sport, go for a swim, or visit the library while your little one is well looked after.
The crèche offers fully supervised care for children aged 12 weeks through to six years of age. Children are well-cared for by experienced staff in a fun, safe, and fully-equipped environment. Children will have plenty of activities to keep them busy during their stay.
Parents/guardians must remain on the premises while their children attend the crèche. We ask parents to complete an enrolment form (PDF 280KB) and present the child's immunisation record for the staff to sight on their child's first visit.
Bookings are essential and must be made at least one day in advance. Bookings can be made up to one week in advance. Please follow the booking guide (PDF 440KB).
Monday to Friday, from 9am to midday. Closed weekends and public holidays.
Kids Zone – Women's Wellness Sessions
Sundays from 6pm to 8.30pm (Play Centre and Creche). Please visit Women's Wellness Sessions page for more information.
- Morning Sessions – Monday to Friday, from 8.15am to 12.15pm.
- Afternoon Sessions – Monday to Thursday, from 3.15pm to 7.15pm.
- Weekend Sessions (Saturday Only):
- Saturday from 8.15am to 12.15am.
- Saturday from 12.45pm to 5pm.
- Closed Sundays and public holidays.
Play Centre at Cannington Leisureplex
- Open Monday to Friday, from 9am to midday.
- Closed weekends and public holidays.
Prices per child:
- Casual entry (up to 2 hours) – $4.50
- Multi pass (10 x 2 hours entries) – $40.50
- Play Centre (up to 2 hours) – $6.50
Complimentary creche for Fitness Plus members and Swim School customers only. Conditions apply.
If you are unable to attend you must call or email to inform us of the cancellation to inform us of the cancellation at least 1 hour before the creche session opening for the day of your booking.
If you fail to attend and/or inform us of the cancellation of your booking, there will be no credit/refund provided.
You will need to re-book for any future bookings.
- Parents/guardians must remain on the premises of either Cannington or Riverton Leisureplex and Cannington or Riverton Library while the children attend the crèche.
- We ask parents/guardians to complete an enrolment form and present the child's immunisation record for the staff to sight on their child's first visit.
- Parents/guardians must sign child in on arrival and out on departure.
- Parents/guardians are to inform staff if someone else is collecting their child from the crèche. If the person is not listed on the enrolment form, the parents/guardians must provide the person’s full name and description. They will be required to provide proof of identity with photo ID when collecting the child.
- Parents/guardians will be requested to return to the crèche if their child becomes distressed during their stay, cannot be settled, or requires assistance.
- drink bottle (water only)
- bottles and formula
- nappies and wipes
- change of clothes
- child/children bag
- comforters such as dummies, comfort rugs or toys
- please bring a pram for younger children if possible, which can be used for sleep and comforting.
Please ensure all children’s belongings are labelled to avoid any items being lost or given to other children.
- Morning tea is served between 10am and 10.20am.
- Parents/guardians are to provide morning tea and a drink bottle.
- Children are only given food which their parents/guardians have provided.
- Our crèches are nut free and also no popcorn, lollies, chocolate, eggs, and fruit wraps.
- Please prepare fruit in the way your child prefers (i.e. peeled, sliced).
- Bottles will be given to children when required. Please make sure you have correct amount of water in the bottle and the correct formula amount in separate formula container.
- If children are sick on arrival to the crèche it is the discretion of the crèche attendants to determine if the child will be permitted to attend.
- Crèche attendants will not administer any medication, except for Epipen or asthma medication in the event of an emergency.
- Crèche attendants will apply first aid in the case of incident. An incident report form will be filled out and the parents/guardians will be contacted and advised.
- Children with any of the following illnesses will excluded from crèche:
- vomiting (in the previous 24 hours)
- severe coughing with obvious discomfort
- rashes-contagious (body rash, skin lesions)
- cold sore or school sores
- fever /chills (temperature above 38 degrees)
- colds / runny noses, sore throat with fever
- head lice or nits (eggs)
- chickenpox, measles, mumps
- gastroenteritis / diarrhoea
- hand, foot, and mouth
- general unwell.
- Parents/guardians are to supply nappies, wipes, and spare clothing.
- Children’s nappies must be clean upon arrival to crèche. If the child arrives at the crèche with a soiled or full nappy, it must be changed by the parents/guardians before leaving the crèche.
- Parents/guardians please ensure children use the toilet upon entering the crèche.
- Nappy and toileting check are done frequently throughout the children’s stay in crèche.
- 12 days of Festive Crafts from 11 to 23 December 2023. Download the brochure (PDF 2MB) for more information.
- Summer School Holidays Creche Activities – dates TBC