Approvals, licenses, and permits are required for new businesses to operate within the City of Canning. Certain businesses must also meet specific health standards.
The City can assist business operators with meeting these standards. This includes helping businesses apply for the correct permits and approvals for their type of business.
Please complete the relevant form below:
- Caravan park (PDF 760KB)
- Hairdresser premises
- Skin penetration / beauty therapy, including:
- beauty salons (waxing, tweezing, shaving, microdermabrasion, threading, make up facials, lashes, etc.)
- body piercing
- nail studios
- download the information sheet (PDF 240KB) to learn more.
- Liquor Licence Certificates (Section 39)
- To sell liquor, a liquor license is required from the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries. When submitting a liquor licence application, businesses must already have a certificate from Local Government (Section 39). Application fees apply. Download the information sheet (PDF 220KB) to learn more.
- Lodging house
- Offensive trade
For further information or enquiries, please contact us on 1300 422 664.
Public buildings must meet hygiene, fire and electrical safety, and accommodation capacity standards. The City approves and inspects these buildings to ensure those standards are met. Public buildings include:
- licensed premises
- function rooms
- private educational facilities
- large outdoor events
- sporting clubrooms.
The construction, operation and maintenance of public buildings are subject to the Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1911, the Health (Public Buildings) Regulations 1992 and the Building Code of Australia.
Before entering into contractual agreements or undertaking significant building works on a public building, please contact us on 1300 422 664 for advice. Significant works include new construction, extensions, and building alterations.
If you are fitting out a new public building or are making changes to a premise, please contact us on 1300 422 664 for advice. You may need a building permit and/or planning approval, in addition to applying for Health Approval. Please visit the application lodgement page to learn more.