The City of Canning conducts verge side collections for your bulk household waste. There are two bulk verge collections per household each year.
Bulk Waste Collection Dates
Please have your waste out by the dates stated for your address/zone as this is when our services commence.
Use our lookup tool below to find out the waste collection dates for your address.
Download a copy of the 2020 Waste Information Calendar here
Please note: The City will no longer be delivering our Waste Guide to households, unless requested. Hard copies of our Waste Guide are available at our Administration Building, libraries, leisureplexes, the Canning River Eco Education Centre and our Waste Transfer Station.
Bulk Household Waste
Please think of your neighbours and do not place your bulk waste on the verge more than two days prior to your scheduled collection date, as material left on the verge can be unsightly or hazardous in some instances.
Only the following material will be removed:
- Furniture and furnishings
- Bulk household items (items that are too large to fit into your wheelie bin)
- Pile volumes of no more than 6 cubic metres (m3). If your pile exceeds our maximum volume of 6m3, your excess waste may be collected for a charge. Please contact Customer Service before your scheduled collection on 1300 422 664 to arrange pre-payment.
The following will not be removed:
- White goods such as fridges, freezers, dishwashers, ovens, washing machines and air conditioning units
- Bricks, rubble, concrete, sand or other building waste
- Liquids of any kind, such as paint
- Gas bottles of any size
- Motor vehicles parts including tyres
- Any asbestos containing material
- Plate glass, such as windows and shower screens and outdoor furniture containing glass
- Green waste
*** Please note: White goods are no longer included as part of the bulk waste verge collection. For information regarding our on demand white goods collection service, please click here
Verge Pick-Up Placement
Bulk Waste may only be placed on the verge two days prior to the commencement of the collection and be ready for collection by 6am on the day of collection.
General Conditions for a Bulk Waste Verge Collection:
- If you do have green waste to dispose of please wait for a green waste bulk verge collection or drop it off at the Waste Transfer Station on Ranford Road
- Any waste left on the verge outside collection dates must be removed immediately or a litter infringement notice may be issued
- Please do not obstruct or obscure essential services such as fire hydrants, telecommunications, sewer or stormwater access, electrical transformers or power domes
- Ensure the footpath is free to use
- Please do not place material on vacant properties or land, public places, reserves, parks or their verges. Such action is an offence and may incur an infringement.
- The items will be loaded by machinery, therefore in order to avoid damage caused by the loader, please do not conceal items or place material on top of easily damaged items such as sprinklers or against fences.
For more information, please contact the City on 1300 422 664 during the business hours of 8.15am and 4.30pm.
Donate your unwanted goods to charity
To find out more information on how and where to donate unwanted goods to local charity shops, visit Giv.org.